Maps on SD cards no longer recognised

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Simes, May 29, 2013.

1. Simes

Simes

TomTom Model(s):
    GO520
    I have two maps on SD cards, but my Go520 is no longer recognising either of them. Both maps on the same SD cards worked fine last time I used them. If I select Navigate To, Address, City Centre, then try to change country, I only have UK & Ireland to choose from (i.e. the map on the internal memory), whereas I previously had all those in W Europe.

I can run Home, Manage Device, and see that the map of Western Europe is on the SD card.

After reading various threads here, I've tried resetting the device and clearing the flash. I've reformatted both the internal drive and SD card, let Home put the app back, and restored the maps from backup. I've also tried a different map on a different SD card.

But all to no avail. The Go520 no longer seems to recognise any map on an SD card, even though those same cards are recognised by Home (and Windows XP) when the Go is connected to the computer.

Oh, and I go to Spain tomorrow, and would love to have the W Europe map working by then!

Simes, May 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Simes

Andy_P Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Go520,720,XL Live, Start60,Go940,950,1000,1005,New500,New5000
    Possibly stating the obvious, but are you going to "Manage maps" then "Switch map" and selecting the right map first?

Andy_P, May 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. Simes

Simes

TomTom Model(s):
    GO520
    errr... no, not the obvious at all - and that resolved my problem. Now I feel a little foolish, but a lot happier.

In my defence, I'm don't ever remember doing that before, but perhaps I did it once and it just never needed doing again. Or was that function added in a new version of the app?

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

Simes, May 29, 2013
  4. Simes

canderson Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    GO720, GO740TM Live, GO 1535 Live, Via 1535, Via 1605, GO 52, GO 600, GO 620, GO 630, TomTom Bridge
    Nope. We've always had to manually switch between maps. Why that's necessary -- I have no idea.

As you say, it could have been so long back that you just don't remember it.

canderson, May 29, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question