Maps of Israel.

I may be wrong, but these maps are not freely distributed.... and the sharing od them here constitutes WAREZ... which I believe is against site policy.

Assuming you're wanting to purchase them I tried to find them as well. I looked on the TT UK and US websites (map store still down on US site) as well as Home v2.1 and the teleatlas.com website but couldn't find a map of Isreal anywhere.

Is this a region that is even covered by TomTom?

My apologies for stating the idea of warez.it was not my intention to insult or insinuate that the OP was a theif. Being as the question was not specific as to a location to purchase said maps, I stated the fact that the maps are not free.

I ,obviously, was mistaken on both counts... thus I submit my fullest and heartfelt apology.

Again, my sincerest apologies to the original poster.

Last edited:
Like how long are we going to wait....?

Is that so hard to do?!?!? create maps of Israel already, a lot of people want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomtom's map division (Teleatlas) only has a ConnectPlus map of Israel. That is a less detailed map, that doesn't have enough information for turn-by-turn navigation.

Teleatlas would have to drive a truck all around Israel to get enough information for turn-by-turn, or they would have to purchase and convert a turn-by-turn map from someone else. So it won't be an easy thing to offer an Israel map.

Call Tomtom up, the more people who ask for it, the more they may consider making one of the above investments.

Joining to the call for Israeli maps

I would like to add my vote and call the developers at TomTom to add maps of Israel.
Google has them, iGo has them, other software do as well.

There is a massive market in Israel for those maps, as well as turists.

thanks in advance.

I would like to add my vote and call the developers at TomTom to add maps of Israel.
Google has them, iGo has them, other software do as well.

There is a massive market in Israel for those maps, as well as turists.

thanks in advance.

I asked tomtom over two years ago for these maps and they said that it was not possible because of the safety considerations and government requirements. Too bad, love it also. They got central Russia, why not Israel

You got my vote for an Israel TomTom map.

We travel there on vacation and to visit lots of family.

Israel is traffic wise quite complex as soon as you get off the highway, so a map would do wonders.

The government argument of safety seems a bit silly since the bad guys are going to have their maps one way or another. It would also give Israeli government an advantage in getting fastest and best prepapred to any location.

Here in the USA we do not seem to be overrun by bad guys just because we have TomTom maps of the USA.

I recently asked TomTom about an Israel map and received the following reply:

"Simeon, we try to obtain the best qualitative map data for as many countries as possible, but unfortunately, we do not have any map data available for Israel.

However, we value your suggestions for improvements to our products. Suggestions are gathered and organized to understand the areas our customers are most interested in enhancing. Our Product Managers review all feedback to determine future enhancements and products. Many of our current products and updates offer features based on customer suggestions.

I will surely forward your suggestion to our Product Development Team and you can expect a Israel map in future; we do not have an estimated time of when they will be released. Please check the TomTom website regularly for any updates."

Rusty,
Thank you for that valuable link. My experience in dense areas in the US is that TomTom cannot keep up with the pace of traffic and its directions lag. I also find it loses reception in places like downtown Chicago between the tall buildings. It is very easy for me to imagine that a GPS unit will have similar trouble in Israel with its narrow, small streets all densely packed together and a fairly frenetic traffic pace. It is true that locally printed maps in Israel are excellent, whether for driving or hiking. One just needs to make sure to get the most updated ones. Still, there are good GPS units and maps in Israel, so it can be done and considering TomTom's reputation, it should be done.
SBC

Ask a Question