MAPS MAPS and more MAPS!!!

I thought we needed a map thread. I just bought my tomtom and it had usa map ver 567. The newest map is the ver 650.1023 but tomtom only sells the ver 650.1073. This is what it says on the website. I'm wondering if they got it wrong . Anyway is there anyway we can share maps?

I have a feeling you can backup the tomtom and then burn the data onto a disk. After, you may send it to someone and he can restore it onto his tomtom and your good to go. If you guys have any ideas PM me or write back on the thread.

If you want to stay on TomTom's good side....

If the administrators and users of this group want TomTom assistance and recognition, posts asking for software other than freeware should be discouraged.

And if I misunderstood the original post's intent, I hope the poster will accept my apology.

You guys are absolutely correct. dr. vvb, once TomTom relases updates for your model, they will become publicy available through TomTomHOME and the official TomTom website.

It is illegal for anyone to extract files from one model to sell or trade those files for use with another model.

rest assured that TomTom is working hard on getting updated maps and software out to it's NA users, so please hang in there and keep checking your TomTomHOME or these forums to keep on top of these updates :)

You guys are absolutely correct. dr. vvb, once TomTom relases updates for your model, they will become publicy available through TomTomHOME and the official TomTom website.

It is illegal for anyone to extract files from one model to sell or trade those files for use with another model.

rest assured that TomTom is working hard on getting updated maps and software out to it's NA users, so please hang in there and keep checking your TomTomHOME or these forums to keep on top of these updates :)

Ok I was completely unaware, I didnt want to break any rules or laws.

I thought we needed a map thread. I just bought my tomtom and it had usa map ver 567. The newest map is the ver 650.1023 but tomtom only sells the ver 650.1073. This is what it says on the website. I'm wondering if they got it wrong . Anyway is there anyway we can share maps?

I have a feeling you can backup the tomtom and then burn the data onto a disk. After, you may send it to someone and he can restore it onto his tomtom and your good to go. If you guys have any ideas PM me or write back on the thread.

Yes, map versions with V6.50 onwards are new maps, that goes for the US as well as Europe.

No you can't share/copy maps cause of the activation codes and register codes, they are unique and should remain that way, TomTom will verify this!
You can however make a full backup of the Go on your harddrive and then store it on DVD-R, it's also possible with any TomTom to copy that back 1:1.
You can also format the drive or sd card before putting back a full backup.

Ask a Question