Maps from tomtom

How much more detail do we get if we purchased the maps from tomtom? Isn't the the default map good enough?

Good Question

I have wondered the same thing myself, and I even attemped to try and find out from tech support, but did not have any success. When you read the details on the TomTom website it doesn't say if it is a download for the 910 or the other models. I appears when you try and find out anything about the TomTom maps is almost like asking the question "does a tree make a noise when it falls in the forest if no one is around to hear it" is easier to answer than about the maps or updates for the TomTom. Great product, but not so great support.

What do you guys mean by more detail than default maps? I kind of thought that TomTom offered a mapset and that was it. The only differences were accuracy. Like older maps have roads that may or may not exist any more and that newer ones have those fixed.

Am I missing something?

The ones from the website are maps people can purchase (updated maps or maps that owners don't carry). They are not more detailed. The new One and X10 units currently have the latest maps

Ask a Question