maps - 830.2284 vs 830.2325

So I have a 730 and it has 830.2284 and I have the map guarantee. 830.2324 shows as available but always has a price attached to it!

Now home keeps telling me I have newer maps available but they only appear as needing purchase no matter how I try to approach them

Latest Map Guarantee says your new maps is available but clicking "get it now" does nothing when it takes you to the update page.

Called TT support and got told it's a bug in home, my account shows update status and I have the latest map and that the last 4 digits mean nothing which in normal useage is way not true...you don't just rev the last 4 for the sake of it (but given my past experiences with TT on my PDA anything is possible!)

Anybody actually know if there a difference with 2284 and 2324 and what the hell is going on!

The latest is 830. You have it. Home is telling everybody there are newer maps available even when you have a subscription.

Don't worry.....

I believe 830.2325 is the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map, originally launched on the 140/340 models.

830.2284 is the North_America_2GB map.

The USA_Canada_and_Mexico map is an upgrade, adding Mexico and 7 million points of interest.

I was told by Tomtom customer support that I had to buy/pay a brand new map and subscription to get Usa/Canada/Mexico.

Has anyone bought this map for a 720/730? Maybe it will finally shut off the stupid "new maps/subscription is available" warning.

I believe 830.2325 is the USA_Canada_and_Mexico map, originally launched on the 140/340 models.

830.2284 is the North_America_2GB map.

The USA_Canada_and_Mexico map is an upgrade, adding Mexico and 7 million points of interest.

I was told by Tomtom customer support that I had to buy/pay a brand new map and subscription to get Usa/Canada/Mexico.

Has anyone bought this map for a 720/730? Maybe it will finally shut off the stupid "new maps/subscription is available" warning.
I'm surprised that they will even sell it to a 720 owner. With the addition of Mexico, won't it be too large to fit into the internal memory of a 720 with the normal complement of other stuff loaded? They've already got a lot of tech support grief about updated maps that won't fit on certain models.

I attempted to buy it in HOME when 830 first came out, and HOME said something like "you don't have space for this on your device. After your purchase, you will be shown steps, including adding an SD card, to make it fit."

I went as far as the payment screen, and I didn't spend the $$. But I'm pretty sure Tomtom lets you buy it.

However, this is new... Tomtom pulled it from the map store.

It used to recommend the USA/Canada/Mexico map for the 720. Now it's no longer offered, even for the 140. I suspect it's pulled from HOME as well. I'll check when I get back to my house.

I attempted to buy it in HOME when 830 first came out, and HOME said something like "you don't have space for this on your device. After your purchase, you will be shown steps, including adding an SD card, to make it fit."
That's interesting - and helpful. In the "old days", it wouldn't have been offered at all.
Geez, THAT was fast. It was there when I looked yesterday or the day before. Must have been causing them more grief than we've heard here so far if they pulled it outright.

So I have a 730 and it has 830.2284 and I have the map guarantee. 830.2324 shows as available but always has a price attached to it!

Now home keeps telling me I have newer maps available but they only appear as needing purchase no matter how I try to approach them

Latest Map Guarantee says your new maps is available but clicking "get it now" does nothing when it takes you to the update page.

Called TT support and got told it's a bug in home, my account shows update status and I have the latest map and that the last 4 digits mean nothing which in normal useage is way not true...you don't just rev the last 4 for the sake of it (but given my past experiences with TT on my PDA anything is possible!)

Anybody actually know if there a difference with 2284 and 2324 and what the hell is going on!

Last 4 digits are irrelevant to the map version. You have the latest version, and if everything is working good dont mess with it. Last four are more related to the device it works on and such. I have a 1gb tomtom so I dont get offered maps that are 2gb and I'm sure the USA/Canada maps are difference. Things like that change the last four digits...

AFAIK, .2284 is the NA(GO9x0 if 1.7+GB) or NA_2G (GO7x0 if 1.5+GB).
I've seen .2342, .2325, .... but never seen .2324.

Tomtom recently pulled the USA/Canada/Mexico map from HOME as well, my guess is that it happened when they dropped the prices for the summer map sale.

Last edited:

Ask a Question