map zoom level

Hi everyone

I have had my TT one since jan and I am loving it.

There are only 2 issues that are driving me nuts.

1. maps. My home that I have moved into for 7 years is still not listed. Google has it, mapquest has it. TOMTOM, NOPE!.
Is there anyway I can manually add or pay to add my home? I have tried to order the new map but according to tomtom my one has the latest maps.
:(

2. MAP ZOOM level.

This one drives my nuts.
is there anyway to fix the zoom level so that tomtom does not zoom in and out. I only ask this because I like to see maps at different zoom levels. if I am in a new town or city I like the default you get when you have no route planed so that I can learn the streets.

However when I do plan a route it zooms into turns. this is frustrating because I like to see how sharp of a turn I am about to enter.

I hope someone can help me with these.

other wise my research come to the next to perfect GPS I could find. I won't mention all the gps systems i have tried to even in car that are worthless.

tomtom's re-routing despite not being 100% perfect actulay saves me at least 10mins a day. does't sound like much but 10 mins at the end of the week is nearly 1 hour i have back for myself.

Hi everyone

I have had my TT one since jan and I am loving it.

There are only 2 issues that are driving me nuts.

1. maps. My home that I have moved into for 7 years is still not listed. Google has it, mapquest has it. TOMTOM, NOPE!.
Is there anyway I can manually add or pay to add my home? I have tried to order the new map but according to tomtom my one has the latest maps.
:(

From your house.... Turn your ONE on, browse map, click the compass in the upper right hand corner to have the map "zoom" to your current location. Then click the blue crosshair and select save as favorite.

Mark that favorite as HOME.

I'll try to get back to you on # 2...

Last edited:
Great suggestion Battom. I like this option better than inputing an address because it's usually a bit off.

#2: There is no option to keep a zoom at a certain level. I agree with your statement. There are times when you need to know certain sharp turns. For this I switch back and forth from 3d view to 2d view. I notice that 3d view works best when on the freeways. 2d views has it's advantages. Especially when you want to explore more of a city without having a route calculated.

Ask a Question