Map will work in TomTom Home but will not run in my GPS

I have a Tomtom One XL App 8.010, 32 MB Ram, ver 1.21, boot 5.3o26. It came with Canada USA on the HD and a SD card with Western Europe, the guy bought it off told me that it all worked fine. I am now planning a trip to Europe and have noticed that the SD card will read no problem and it took update via TomTom home I can ever use it to plan a trip but once I take it out of the SD card reader and place it in my Tomtom it shows me the card with an X in it and will not boot. Does antone know way that might be?

Thanks in advance..

I believe that model requires not only the map but the operating system to be on the card. It's not like the ho models which can deal with stuff on internal AND sdhc card at the same time.

Try putting the card in the unit. Connect to the computer. Use Explorer to copy all the loose files from internal, MO folders or their contents, onto the card.

If you can, then disconnect properly from the computer and try to reboot now.

Update

Thank you for your reply what I had done was loaded the complete program from my TomTom HD onto a SD card and then removed the USA/Canada Folder I then transvered the Western Europe onto the card. Now it boots up using a card reader into TomTom Home it also now boots from the TomTom One XL into TomTom home and it took a map update and one other so I figured it was now okay, however one you pull the USB plug it starts to boot from the SD then stops and turns off.

I think it has to be in the software but I can't think what part of the program is incorrect.

Any help

Thanks

For that model, you need everything on a card --- map and application --- or everything on internal.

So you need application and map A on card. Insert card. Turn on, should work.

Application and map B on internal. When you want to use map B, remove card and boot up.

If I understand you right, you put both the Western Europe and USA/Canada map on the same card?

That means it has to be at least 4GB. If so your card must be a SD (not SDHC). The ONE XL can't read SDHC cards.

Ask a Question