map view

TomTom Model(s)
one second edition
after i punch in my route id like to view a small map of streets to show where my route is. the only thing i get is a far away map with no streets. do i need to zoom everytime i get to this map?

Yes.

The view shows the entire route, beginning to end. If that route covers some distance, then the view will, of course, have to be zoomed out quite far to be able to display it. If you are planning a route over a short distance it can all fit on the screen at a sensible zoom level.

So, either you have to plan *very* short routes or zoom in to the bit you are interested in.

Depending on your model other options may be available.
Follow the suggestion in the signature as I do not want to speculate and confuse the issue with advice for a wrong model.

one second edition.

one second edition.
I have a 930 and don't know if the browse map options are available to you. Hopefully others with a One 2nd Edition will jump in.

After creating an itn I go to the third screen in the Main Menu

View attachment 2180

and click View route.

View attachment 2182
Here, I click Browse map of route

View attachment 2181

Now I reduce the scale (RH slider down) to enlarge the map
until I can see the road names and drag the map, as in Google, to what I want to see.

If you can get the same menus you should be able to see what you want, no matter if it is a 2 mile or 2,000 mile trip.

Last edited:
after i punch in my route id like to view a small map of streets to show where my route is. the only thing i get is a far away map with no streets. do i need to zoom everytime i get to this map?

When the route is first created, do you get a screen with choices to find alternate route or accept or route details? check the route details section and you should get other choices for viewing route via browsing, and a few others as well.

Rick

When the route is first created, do you get a screen with choices to find alternate route or accept or route details? check the route details section and you should get other choices for viewing route via browsing, and a few others as well.

Rick

yes i have those options...thanks for the help.

Ask a Question