map version number

Hi .My Go 300 is a few years old now and I am thinking its about time I got a new map. My map version number is 562.0 and the new version I may buy is 8.75. There does not seem to be a link between those numbers. can anyone explain ? The map in question is Great Britain and Ireland and I have already downloaded " Home" and installed the latest aplication. Rgards to all this is my 1st post.

There was no map by that version as best as I can tell.

If you tap the satellite bars on your unit, the next screen shows the version number of the APPLICATION installed. Tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version number. That's what you are looking for.

Before buying a current map, you want to have the latest application on your unit, so attach to Home and click 'update my unit'. A new application probably will be offered. Install it. Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon and restart your unit.

Reconnect to Home and see if another application is offered. (They are often only distributed sequentially, so you need application A before Application B is offered as an update).

Anyway, keep at it till no more applications are offered. THEN, consider using Home to purchase a new map.

new map. My map version number is 562.0 and the new version I may buy is 8.75.

You'll find that map version numbers are usually described by THREE digits before the decimal point, and then FOUR after it (such as v875.3613).
The first three digits is the version number and the rest are the sub-type to differentiate between maps with different features such as IQ Routing data, voice command files, size differences etc. etc.

However, I remember a long time ago, TT Home did sometimes split the first three digits up with another decimal point. That's not seen these days though.

Software versions are usually described as one digit then three digits for short (eg v9.058) although the version info screen dhn described above will give a longer version.

As for the "newness" of the maps, once you've found your actuall map version number they usually go up in "fives" v860...865...870...875 etc. on each release and there are four updates a year so a v855 map would have been released in August 2010.

Ask a Question