Map Version discrepancy

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
So this is what is said on the TomTom site

"Please note:
The maps of North America currently available are version 650.1073, and the most current maps of the U.S. and Canada are version 650.1023. If your device currently has this version, there is no need to update at this time. You have the most current maps available. (How do I check my map version number?)"

When I check the version on mine, it reads

Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v660.1215

So.. I have a future version that doesn't exist?

Im not sure about this. If you did have the latest version, then why would TT offer a free upgrade to a new TT ONE?

The version I have for my 910 is "v650.1052". What's up with all of the different versions anyway? Why can't they take the mystery out of all this and have one version for all models? That way there's no confusion if were up to date or not.

my version is 650.1109

I have the same map version also (650.1109). I bought mine in October.

Did anyone notice in the latest application upgrade 6.520 that the ONE now tells you about a freeway exit coming up in 2 miles when there is less than that distance in reality and then immediately gives the 1/2 mile warning? This comes into play when the last instruction given results in a distance to the exit of less than 1.5 miles.....

The version I have for my 910 is "v650.1052". What's up with all of the different versions anyway? Why can't they take the mystery out of all this and have one version for all models? That way there's no confusion if were up to date or not.
I think you guys are mixing up the software version with the map version.

I think you guys are mixing up the software version with the map version.

I can see where that might happen. Here's what's on my TomTom

App. 6.520
Map: 'North_America' v650.1052

It just seems like there are a lot of different map versions out there. Mine falls between v650.1023 and v650.1073 so I guess I'm fairly current. It would be nice to be able to pay a (reasonable) annual subscription fee, like I do with "Norton Antivirus" to have the latest and greatest maps. Maybe one day...

I can see where that might happen. Here's what's on my TomTom

App. 6.520
Map: 'North_America' v650.1052

It just seems like there are a lot of different map versions out there. Mine falls between v650.1023 and v650.1073 so I guess I'm fairly current. It would be nice to be able to pay a (reasonable) annual subscription fee, like I do with "Norton Antivirus" to have the latest and greatest maps. Maybe one day...
Well mine says:

App 6.520

Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v660,1215

So I have a map version that no one else has?

Ask a Question