Map ver. 840 is now out

I'm not sure why you are posting in a two year old v840 maps topic, but in answer... no they won't always be the same.

TT have always made several different versions of every map for the different models, with more or less compression of the data; more or less "extra" detail like water features; and even some small roads missing (although they never admitted it),
I've seen evidence of the missing roads on older map versions, I don't know if they still let that happen)
They also put different POI collections in different map versions.

As well as differences in the map data itself. there will also be different version for different software versions and versions with and without IQ Routing, with or without Command and Control (CSpeech) files, with or without ALG (lane guidance), and with or without alpha-numeric house numbering etc etc.

so are maps for all of north america (i.e.870) exactly the same as other 870 maps? such as Canada_USA_Mexico ? wouldn't all maps be the same for the entire region of North America?
just curious to know.....
No. For a very long time now, there have been at least two versions in concurrent distribution, largely related to POI content. The "other" map is the "North_America_2GB" version, and there are even two slightly different distributions of that. Much is driven by whether the unit is 1GB, 2GB or 4GB internal memory.

Ask a Question