Map v8.10 Pulled?

TomTom Model(s)
920T
I was corresponding with TT via support, asking them (politely!) to allow me access to the current map on my One Year Free certificate. Their response today started with, "Due to a technical reasons, 'Map of North America v8.10' has been temporarily unavailable. To compensate for this inconvenience we have granted you a compensation product of the same subscription. This compensation product will give you access to your subscription for an additional period (equal to the duration of the outage) at the end of your normal subscription."

:eek:

Anybody else hear about this? Anybody know the story? What's wrong with v8.10?

mff

I was corresponding with TT via support, asking them (politely!) to allow me access to the current map on my One Year Free certificate. Their response today started with, "Due to a technical reasons, 'Map of North America v8.10' has been temporarily unavailable. To compensate for this inconvenience we have granted you a compensation product of the same subscription. This compensation product will give you access to your subscription for an additional period (equal to the duration of the outage) at the end of your normal subscription."

:eek:

Anybody else hear about this? Anybody know the story? What's wrong with v8.10?

mff

There's nothing wrong with the v8.10 map, it's just a map server outage. I have an old map that I can't download right now even if I wanted to.

Server Down?

There's nothing wrong with the v8.10 map, it's just a map server outage.

OK -- Thanks. That's still funny though, since if it was just a server outage why did they credit my account by $129 to make up for it? Seems like they would just wait for the computers to work again...

Oh well. TT always amazes me... :eek:

Ask a Question