Map upgrade onto device?

TomTom Model(s)
Xliqrv3
I paid for map upgrade - my tomtomhome took me through upgrade steps and I had the green tick after over an hour of installing. But I never had a prompt to remove my device. How do I check on my tomtom XLIQRV2 that the latest map version is actually transferred on there?

Tap the bottom right of the status bar. The next screen shows the application installed. Now, tap the version number and the following screen shows the map installed and its version. The latest is 910.

By the way, would you mind editing your profile to correct the model name that shows under your name? Currently it says xliqrv3, which looks like a serial number (and there was never a V3 either)

Just some capitals and spaces would make me stop wondering about it. e.g.something like XL IQ routes v2
(knowing it's a v2 is quite important, as it has a different menu structure to most "classic" TomToms).

First time owner, I need to update map. Got this for Christmas'12 and haven't done any upgrades! I think I am afraid to do anything may cause problems with my Tom Tom XXL 540. Please help, angelfish

1. You need TomTom Home. Get it at tomtom.com/home
2. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. See here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/thread...-to-the-computer-and-how-to-restore-it.17864/
3. Connect to Home and log in with an email address/password to create an account
4. Go to Update my Device. If anything other than an application is offered, just select the application to download & install.
5. Disconnect the unit properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon. Restart the unit, again connect to the computer and open Home, if you closed it. Make sure no further application updates are offered.
6. Once that is done, select the other items to install.
7. Unless your device came with lifetime maps, I suspect you'll need to purchase a map in Home (current version is 915) to update it.

Ask a Question