Map Upgade advice Needed??

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
Does anyone know when tomtom will have there map feature back up and running at their website???? Is this were I need to go to get different maps....? My home v2.1 also shows maps from to purchase is this a direct download to the PC, or do they send a CD to you? I also noticed that you pay in Eoros not dollars.

I will be leaving for Germany at the end of the year for a business trip and would like to install the Western Europe maps...I am also considering upgrading to the NA maps vs what I have right now us-canada maps....Is the NA maps actually that much better and is it really worth the purchase?

I am curently running a 2.0GB Extreme III SanDisk SD card will I be able to fit the NA and Western Europe Maps on this card? Thanks.

Last edited:
Maps

I just purchased the new USA maps from the TomTom store and it downloaded them directly onto my SD card in my TomTom One XL. It worked very nice.

did you do this from the tomtom webite? Or did you do this from the tomtom home that starts up fter plugging in your tomtom? Thaks.

Steve......

It would most certainly be through the Home program. The website has been up and down lately with regards to purchases. And yes, it will be a download.
There seems to be a 50% off sale going on. Western Europe is only 50 Euros (or about $75).

Whereas on the TomTom U.S. website, they want $169.95!! (Temporarily out of stock, they say. How can a downloadable item be out of stock ?!)

Can the NA maps purchased through TT Home (at the discount in euros or pounds) be installed on North American units, or has activation been a problem.

PS - the European maps were very helpful over there.

Ask a Question