Map update Tomtom 50/55

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
Got an e-mail a couple days stating this:

Make your Start 50/55 go further
You and your navigator sure have been places together. But tech moves fast, and as it’s been around a while it can’t handle all our new-generation maps.

Here’s a dedicated offer to buy a Single Map Download so that you can drive with the most up-to-date map.

BEFORE $ 49.95
AFTER $ 15.00

Am wondering if I purchase this new map, will I still get free updates and/or will it still even work?

Thank you

A little bit confused here...

"...will I still get free updates..."

Is your unit a Start 50M (or 55M) or Start 50TM (or 55TM)? The "M" would indicate that you already have a lifetime map subscription (your "free updates") for the U.S. Were you already receiving free full map updates quarterly for this device, and if so, for how long?

Have you by chance subsequently purchased a map outside of the U.S. (e.g., for Europe) for which the system might be suggesting a further update?

Not enough information to be a lot of help here.

It's a Start55M. Yes, I was already receiving free updates quarterly and no, I haven't ever purchased any other maps. Been getting the updates for unit since 2012.

I haven't received FULL map updates in a long time, but do get tiny updates as the unit is out of space for full map updates and has been for a long time. I think I'm explaining that part as good as I can!

It's a Start55M. Yes, I was already receiving free updates quarterly and no, I haven't ever purchased any other maps. Been getting the updates for unit since 2012.

I haven't received FULL map updates in a long time, but do get tiny updates as the unit is out of space for full map updates and has been for a long time. I think I'm explaining that part as good as I can!
Until recently, you should have been receiving full quarterly updates, not just the little MapShare updates.
However, the Start 55M is one of the older Nav2 2GB memory model units, and as such, may soon go "EOL" for map updates, though they're not on the list yet (see https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/topic/name/end-of-life#list )
What is troublesome is that it sounds like you haven't been getting them for 'a long time'. I'd call tech support and ask why.

Until recently, you should have been receiving full quarterly updates, not just the little MapShare updates.
However, the Start 55M is one of the older Nav2 2GB memory model units, and as such, may soon go "EOL" for map updates, though they're not on the list yet (see https://us.support.tomtom.com/app/topic/name/end-of-life#list )
What is troublesome is that it sounds like you haven't been getting them for 'a long time'. I'd call tech support and ask why.

Nope, haven't been getting the full, quarterly updates in quite a while. Have a topic on here some where asking about why the updates kept failing and then suddenly started getting the map share updates. Never did call support back then. I believe it was you that asked me if I had called support before getting the map share updates or if I just suddenly started getting them after the failures.

Ask a Question