Map update Catastrophic failure

OK. What firmware version do you have on your 5100 at present?

Hello you are keen,

Our Tom Tom Application version is:
21.200.0003.311 (0) (09/11/2021)

Is that what you wanted to know? The map is: United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland Truck v1090.11441 (Released 04/2022)
In settings it says Car

Free space is 5.47 GB Internal memory

GPRS Status
Disconnected
(23415,0,0,0,10,1)

IMEI

GPRS Model

tre

OK. The app is good. See you got the latest map, too. Didn't realize your particular 5100 was a truck version, or was that just a bonus of the map? Can you set truck/vehicle profile?

I've got my 600 up and running, but it's giving me some grief about an update, too. On top of that, the MyDrive web service isn't letting me log in today, either. Sometimes I think all of this equipment takes the weekend off.

Will get back when it's behaving properly so we can walk through this.

Thanks I assume that the map has info that is useful for truck drivers. We can select different vehicles on my wife's Tom Tom, it is set to car we have no reason to change that.

I'm sorry to here you are having update trouble too. I think what caused our problem was most probably due in part to the amount of time that it takes to download and install the map of Europe, and the fact that during that time I accidentally passed my hand near to the touch screen and it reacted to that. It is a shame that the screen doesn't lock.

Maybe Tom Tom are working on their web site and so causing your log in problem. Tom Tom and Garmin have great hardware and good navigation, but after that I think they are pretty mediocre when it comes to software, manuals and help. Not criticising this forum though, you have been brilliant. The best help experience that I have had with any technical issues.

Take care

tre

Finally have my 600 up and running on v21.200.003 code.
So now we're on the same page.
I'll do a couple of experiments with this unit tomorrow.

1) When you installed the uSD card, it should have asked if you wanted to format it for maps or routes. I assume you told it 'routes'.

2) Go to the main menu and slide right a bit, do you see a roundish button called "Start Recording"? If so, press that and start moving.

3) A solid (NOT blinking) red dot should in the upper right corner of the map or menu screen. A blinking dot indicates inability to record a route, possibly due to lack of a GPS fix.

4) When you are done with whatever travel has created your route, go back to that same button which should now have changed to a square shape and should say "Stop Recording". Press that.

5) You can now give your route a name or leave it with the date/time name automatically supplied.

6) Finally, hit "Add" in the lower right corner of the screen.

7) Now, from the menu, select the "My Routes" button. You should see an entry with whatever name you supplied, above.

Now .. at which step is the process failing for you?

Ask a Question