Map symbol explanation

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
With the new XL series — or maybe it's the new map, I see a symbol I don't understand when 'browsing' a map to check out a route the TT is suggesting.

In the screen shot I've attached below, in the bottom left hand corner, there are three boxes. A blue one with a compass, a gold box with a house, and the red image with the checkered flag. I know the gold box with a house is showing how far away my home is (639mi), and the the red block is showing how far away my destination is (6mi). But what is the blue block with the compass (638mi)? Seems like the blue box is always about 1 mile different than what my home position is.

I got the feeling this is a stupid question, but I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Last edited:
Think it may be Current Location.

Maps are flawed where I live such that TomTom (and Google and Yahoo and Maquest .....) think my Home location is about 9 houses from where I really live.

So, for me, there would be a discrepency between Home (if set as an address) and Current (as the gps picks up the satellite fix.)

Maybe, your situation is the same......

Think it may be Current Location...

Ah, Ha!! That makes sense as I have my 'home' set for a few houses down the street on purpose (where a sheriff has his squad car parked) :D. Some have suggested it's safer to have your home marked a bit away from your real home in case someone steals your GPS and wants to rob you.

Thanks.

Ask a Question