Map Stores closed for business....

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
I see that both the USA and UK map stores are closed for business right now. Is there any news what is happening and why these online stores are unavailable? I am looking to purchase the UK maps for a trip over there in March next year...

Ok since we are on the rumour mill I would have to say that it is cause they are finally adding foreign currencies. How many US and Canadian customers do you need before you care?

Nathan...

the sad part is their ad's say how easy it is to "update your maps" etc, and then it's down all the time. false advertising ?

Maybe it's a permanent move on TomTom's part to require users to use TomTom HOME?

--Phil

This becomes ever more interesting. The USA map store is now open with solely version......

Well, I was going to write the version number of the only European map option that was showing on the TT USA website store a moment ago - the whole of western Europe for about $170. But when I just went back to check the version number, it now says that the store is closed (again). :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The UK store is open again, with the UK-only map set (v7.10) discounted over 28% in GB?. The western Europe map set is discounted nearly 43%.

This deep discounting makes me wonder if they are setting up to release a newer map set - ?? - or simply trying to catch some holiday sales?? Are new map series historically released around the turn of the year?

...and why does the UK map set that shows as being available via TT Home for ?39.95 (same as the discounted UK price, near enough) involve 252.2 MB, whereas the one on the TT UK site only takes 177 MB???? Over 40% more??

Now I really am confused....... :eek:

Ask a Question