Map Share *part* of a 2 way street into a one way street?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
Only the portion of Church Street between Maple Street and George Street is one way (going west). This has been the case for decades. TomTom doesnt show this. Is there a way to submit this using Map Share? At first glance I dont think so as it appears one can only make an *entire* street one way...not just a portion of?

I'm not sure of a real straightforward way, but I would try something like the following:

With Navcore 8.010 you can rename a segment of a road...I would temporarily rename the segment you want to change to something like "unnamed"....Try to use (Un)block street to set the one way restriction on that segment...If that works great, but not sure.

You might want to then rename the street correctly, but I wonder if that would mess up the restricted segment (assuming the suggestion above worked)....If so, better to have road segment with correct 1-way restrictions, but name set to "unnamed" than to have wrong one-way settings.

Just suggestions...not something I've tried successfully.

Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestion Tim. I just decided to do my bit and submit the error to Tele Atlas directly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggetion Tim. I just decided to do my bit and submit the error to Tele Atlas directly.
You should still probably attempt to make the change on your gps, if it's on a road you're likely to travel. Otherwise, you may run into hazardous routing.

Not sure what you tried, but when I select, "Change Traffic Direction," the interface on my ONE 3rd allows me to make just a portion of a two-way road (ie. a single block, between two cross-streets) into a one-way street.

R?

Not sure what you tried, but when I select, "Change Traffic Direction," the interface on my ONE 3rd allows me to make just a portion of a two-way road (ie. a single block, between two cross-streets) into a one-way street.

R?

Ill take a look. Thanks

I do see how one selects a section of road *between* two cross streets; kind of neat. Thanks Ricochet.

However I do not see, if the need arises, how to re classify it as a 2 way road; easy to reverse the direction of travel but not to chage it to two way?

Last edited:
However I do not see, if the need arises, how to re classify it as a 2 way road; easy to reverse the direction of travel but not to chage it to two way?
I don't have my TOM in front of me, but IIRC, you just "unblock" the traffic in both directions.

This should be true for pre-loaded one-way streets, also. I don't remember whether you can multi-select more than one street segment for this type of change. If not, it could get tedious, quickly...

R?

I do see how one selects a section of road *between* two cross streets; kind of neat. Thanks Ricochet.

If you do not correct your correction, anyone who accepts unverified MS will suffer from you incorrect "correction" until such time that TeleAtlas will get around to verify and then make the correct changes.

If you do not correct your correction, anyone who accepts unverified MS will suffer from you incorrect "correction" .

I was speaking hypothetically as re this particular correction there is no problem...it has been one way for decades and I dont forsee it changing....Google Maps (albeit navteq) show it correctly.

In fact I have made a few MS submissions in the past week that will benefit TT users in my area.

It is the case that we lose these unverified corrections with a subsequent map upgrade? :(

Ask a Question