Map Share map corrections not working?

The mapshare capability is tied to the specific map version.

My guess is that once you re-upgrade to map 860, mapshare won't be available again.

Tomtom usually takes about 3 days to get mapshare working after a map is published, however for maps 855 and 860, it has taken months. My guess is that all their employees are flat out building features for the new app 10.x devices that are way behind schedule, and things like mapshare are being overlooked for the time being.

I tried MapShare again this morning....and it worked! I didn't do any re-installs or any adjustments....It just worked today.

Did you do a factory reset prior?

Did you do a factory reset to make the map share updates work?

Thanks!

BretC

I tried MapShare again this morning....and it worked! I didn't do any re-installs or any adjustments....It just worked today.

Did you do a factory reset to make the map share updates work?

Thanks!

BretC

No...It had not worked since my last map upgrade in November....and it just worked on Sunday with no corrective action on my part.

no mapshare yet

still no mapshare for my 540 either (North America with Canada / Mex).

What map do you have, (tap the satellite bars and the next screen shows the application installed. Tap the version number and the following screen shows the map and its version number).

Can you report:
1. The map (the numbers AFTER the decimal point as well)
2. The application (again, the full set of numbers)
3. The bootloader version.

I DO get mapshares with my North_America_2gb v860.3181 map.

details

Hi dhn,

Thanks for your interest!

Incidently, this unit was purchased on Black Friday at a discount through what turned out to be an amazon vendor of some sort. Was it you who mentioned problems with such units? What should I be alert for?

Here are details from my unit:

Tomtom xxl IQ routes edition

subid 0001 (0000000500000000)

GPS Type GL2 BCM4750 FFFF

Bootloader Version S5.5237 clist#379599 RVCT

Device AKUGW BJK56

Application Version 9.053.520930.2, OS 515773

(1023, 4/19/2010)

MAP USA_CANADA-AND-MEXICO-P v860.3121

Language English US

You have a different map than I. yours is USA_Canada and mine is North_America.

The non mapshares has been reported to TomTom.

When all is said and done, the whole concept of mapshares is more a marketing dream than a functional benefit.

I confirm that Map Share data is being offered for Europe_West v860.3102 (which is a sub-2GB region of Europe_2GB v860.3102) but no Map Share data is being offered for USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P v860.3121.

I agree. I haven't seen any updates to my map (see sig line below) as yet.

"tgold" ? Key West eh? That's not too far from where I'm located. :)

Well, let's say you DO download 1000 mapshare changes. That covers ALL of North America. What chance is there than any are in your specific area? And if there are some changes, how does one know if the changes are accurate?

This stuff 'Verified by TT' has resulted in the past for allowing a mapshare change that effectively blocked a major highway (dual carriageway?) in the UK when there really wasn't a blockage.

You CAN make changes to your own map via mapshare in certain areas.

Thanks for the comments and I had not heard about any UK highway fiasco. As you say, making my own entries for local changes in the one-way systems and blockages around the areas I know well may be the best use of the feature.

mapshare

A supervisor on the TT tech support line last night claimed to be unaware of any problems with Mapshare. He took down all the info about my xxl and map version and said he would elevate the case. Strange.

A supervisor on the TT tech support line last night claimed to be unaware of any problems with Mapshare. He took down all the info about my xxl and map version and said he would elevate the case. Strange.
Ah, right. You must have talked to Ralph. Ralph has spent the last six months vacationing on a desert island out in the Pacific. He just got back. At least I'm assuming you talked to Ralph ... and that Ralph was on vacation ... and that he was on that island. It's the only possible explanation ;)

No Map Share Updates since late December

Guys:

Do I understand correctly that I should NOT expect any map share updates? I was able to receive a few updates a few days after Christmas, but I updated the map (lifetime map updates) and the map share updates stopped.

I have a:

TT XXL
AKTYA CAH4W
App 9053.520930.999, OS 1000
(1023, 6/5/2010)
GPS v1.20, Boot 1.0012
Map: 'USA_Canada_and_Mexico_P' v860.3121

Got to tell ya, I am NOT impressed with TT so far. Based on my experience with the equipment so far, my next GPS will probably be a Garmin.

TT - has some very cool features, but the cool features just don't work consistently. As I mentioned in previous posts. Impressive intentions, but poor follow through.

TNX.

BretC

Bret, As I understand it, there is a glitch with the mapshare only with some particular units/ maps. The mapshare feature is supported, and the glitch will get fixed. It is frustrating that it has taken so long. And baffling that some people at TT seem to be ignorant about it. But this is a reputable company with a very good product - I am sure they will fix it.

I too have has some frustration with a few of the TT features not seeming as if they were fully developed. Still, overall, I think it is a very good product. Don't get discouraged by the mapshare thing. It is a nice thing, but the impact on you during this time is most likely not significant, particularly since you have the latest map.

Map share updates communications

Thank you Harry:

I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something on my TT.

Thanks

BretC

Bret, As I understand it, there is a glitch with the mapshare only with some particular units/ maps. The mapshare feature is supported, and the glitch will get fixed. It is frustrating that it has taken so long. And baffling that some people at TT seem to be ignorant about it. But this is a reputable company with a very good product - I am sure they will fix it.

I too have has some frustration with a few of the TT features not seeming as if they were fully developed. Still, overall, I think it is a very good product. Don't get discouraged by the mapshare thing. It is a nice thing, but the impact on you during this time is most likely not significant, particularly since you have the latest map.

Ask a Question