Map share how does it work

I was wondering how Map share works i thought you can make corrections and it would be updated to your tomtom. If anyone knows how it work i would greatly appreciate it

I was wondering how Map share works i thought you can make corrections and it would be updated to your tomtom. If anyone knows how it work i would greatly appreciate it

It's too bad you can't add an address or 2 that you know exists but doesn't show up! Now that would be a Mapshare! The way it is now isn't worth anything.

here's basically how it works.

Some corrections can be shared.

If I add a name to one of the many unnamed roads in my maps, and upload that change to mapshare, eventually it might make it to your system when you download mapshare changes. I can also block a section of road here where a bridge no longer exists for instance. you should get that change also. There are other things you can do such as correct a poi etc.

If you did similar things in your area, you will see these immediately on your maps. And I would eventually get those changes through mapshare.

In the case of adding missing roads or a road sections, that cannot be done by the user and in those cases mapshare is nothing more than a reporting service so that future maps might get updated...You tell tomtom of the change using mapshare on your unit, they verify it and put those streets on a new map version. You will never see the change in your unit unless that change makes it to a new map version and you actually purchase that map version.

Ask a Question