Map Share Frustration

Bah, I'm a jerk

I just checked TomTom's support website and it says you need map version 675 or higher and application version 7 or higher. So I guess it should be working for you. Sorry for the bad advice :(

I have been using Map Share for about 2 months now. After not connecting my GPS to the computer for about 3 weeks I figured i would update it. I just connected, installed the New TomTom app which was released, restarted the GPS, and noticed that map share does not seem to work anymore.

I then updated my TomTom Home software from 2.1 to the latest 2.2 version and it still does not seem to find any updated.
I proceded to delete all the updates and turned off Map Share, and then re-enabled it. Still Does not work. :confused: TomTom Home on the main screen says (top right) "Your map is 19 weeks out of date 12546 free Map Share map corrections waiting" How can I get Map Share to work again?

Also this is on the TomTom One V3

Just found follwing thread. Seems like more people are talkinga about it here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=47718#post47718

Last edited:
I have been using Map Share for about 2 months now. After not connecting my GPS to the computer for about 3 weeks I figured i would update it. I just connected, installed the New TomTom app which was released, restarted the GPS, and noticed that map share does not seem to work anymore.

I then updated my TomTom Home software from 2.1 to the latest 2.2 version and it still does not seem to find any updated.
I proceded to delete all the updates and turned off Map Share, and then re-enabled it. Still Does not work. :confused: TomTom Home on the main screen says (top right) "Your map is 19 weeks out of date 12546 free Map Share map corrections waiting" How can I get Map Share to work again?

Also this is on the TomTom One V3

Just found follwing thread. Seems like more people are talkinga about it here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?p=47718#post47718

I'm having the same problem

The same problem with MapShare appeared to me yesterday.
Not working in Home 2.1 or Home 2.2 (Your map is 19 weeks......)
Cant choose country in preferences for mapsharing either.
Have TT1 (v2) navcore 7.162 and 7.10maps

"maybe" solution:
After googling on i-net:
somehow Ive lost 3 files located in the map-library on TT1.

MapServerPatch.dat
ServerLineIndex.dat
ServerNameIndex.dat

I do need new one.
Does anybody have these 3 files for Wester and Central Europe 7.10_1561
And can send them to me / upload them here?
Reinstalling these 3-files in the library would sold the problem.
I think, these files are map-specific, so i need those from WEstern and Central Europe v7.10_1561 only.

"maybe" solution:
After googling on i-net:
somehow Ive lost 3 files located in the map-library on TT1.

MapServerPatch.dat
ServerLineIndex.dat
ServerNameIndex.dat

I do need new one.
Does anybody have these 3 files for Wester and Central Europe 7.10_1561
And can send them to me / upload them here?
Reinstalling these 3-files in the library would sold the problem.
I think, these files are map-specific, so i need those from WEstern and Central Europe v7.10_1561 only.

Check a backup you've made (you have, haven't you?) They should be in the W & CE map folder. If so, simply copy them over to the same map folder on your unit.

Well, my problem was solved when I installed latest map. Map 7.10 receives MapShare updates. It's all very confusing because 6.75 had been touted as MapShare friendly. Maybe it is but it didn't work for me.

Ask a Question