Map Share Frustration

TomTom Model(s)
TT One V2
Hi, everybody.

Awesome site. I have two questions, please.

1. Do I need to use my promotional code to use Map Share? I have activiated Map Share on my device, both through Home and on the unit and still never get updates.

2. Should maps installed on the SD card be in a separate folder or are they installed to the root of the card outside of a folder? I've read here that may be the issue but I'm afraid to change anything without hearing from others.

In short, Map Share has never worked, any ideas?

I have a TT1 v2, NA map v6.75.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, everybody.

1. Do I need to use my promotional code to use Map Share? I have activiated Map Share on my device, both through Home and on the unit and still never get updates.

2. Should maps installed on the SD card be in a separate folder or are they installed to the root of the card outside of a folder? I've read here that may be the issue but I'm afraid to change anything without hearing from others.

Thanks in advance.

You do not need your promotional code for MapShare to work. When you use mapshare for the first time, the TomTom will ask you if you want to join the network. All you need to do is click on YES on the TomTom and you're all set.

What is making you think map share isn't working? Once you've made a correction using mapshare and you choose to share it with other users, when you connect to TomTom HOME the next time, you should see activity in the lower area of the update screen:
mapshare.gif

ARE YOU SEEING ANY ACTIVITY HERE?

Alternatively, to obtain downloads from others, you need to appropriately set what things you want to download....have you followed these selections?
mapshare1.gif

mapshare2.gif

mapshare3.gif

mapshare4.gif

** Maps should be in their OWN folder that is in the root of the TomTom. The files themselves should not be in the root of the TomTom.

Everything is set, so...

Hi, Birdman. Thanks for responding.

Yes, I have already set everything you've mentioned here and still no luck. I't very frustrating. I have also not been able to share any map corrections either. I'm loooking forward to findign a solution.

MapShare seems very useful, in theory. Has anyone with a TT1 v2 gotten this to work with a v6.75 North America map?

Thanks.

Hi, everybody.

Thanks in advance.

What version of TomTom Home are you running? Version 1.X is no good on a PC; Mapshare doesn't work at all on a MAC

I'm running the latest Home on Windows XP Pro.

You may not want to see this but I'm sure I saw either here or in another forum that TTHome software does NOT work properly with XP Pro, just XP Home; apparently, a known issue with TomTom that is not resolved, yet.

You may not want to see this but I'm sure I saw either here or in another forum that TTHome software does NOT work properly with XP Pro, just XP Home; apparently, a known issue with TomTom that is not resolved, yet.

That is not good...I'm thinking TomTom needs to get some fixes posted to their website.

Don't know who stated that, but I've been doing fine on my laptop that runs xp pro.

Are all of you getting updates on Map Share? Next I'll need to check if my firewall is an issue but I've since re-installed Home and there has been no change. The quest continues.

what is hte area ?

Hello ,
I am trying to help , and i know there are others here with more knowledge than myself but maybe you don't see lots of activity there cos no one did any changes in their maps ( nothing changed in the area ,..... maybe)

i have Win xp pro and i remember that it was working fine last time i connected it, it was maybe a month ago but i had no problems at all, i am in calgary where things change very fast but also there are no body changing anything in the maps since long , i try to edit what i can to help others , specially if there are any visitors so i try to edit what i can and share it for them.

Give it sometime maybe someone will make somechanges and you will see it on ur device.

thanks
Philippe

same here. just got some more seconds ago. almost always I see and download map updates, but rarely see poi updates. I of course do not know where or what these updates are....they could be thousands of miles from me.

I did receive updated poi's from Shadow who lives 50k or so from me. I know the area and immediately recognized the new poi's while searching a location on the NA maps for him.

Are you saying Map Share doesn't work for maps v.6.75 on my TT1? Well, that would solve the mystery.

That's correct. If you try to access mapshare from your tomtom, It should give you an error message that says mapshare is not supported for this map version. Or something like that.

With 675 if I remember correctly you were able to make map corrections and send them to tomtom but got no map upgrades from them?

Ask a Question