Map Share - Corrections I made myself

TomTom Model(s)
Go 920
I drive a commercial vehicle during the week, and the feature that allowed me to move to TomTom from Garmin is Map Share. Garmin is the only manufacturer that I'm aware of that includes a "truck" setting on some consumer-level models. But with Map Share, I can edit my own maps, and block those streets. There are a few issues I'm running into with doing this:
  1. Roads seem to be broken up into many smaller segments, requiring me to select and modify each segment separately
  2. Changes are apparently map-version specific. If I get updated maps from TomTom, the changes I have made disappear (and I know the changes won't be in the new maps, because I didn't share them because they aren't valid for passenger cars)
  3. If I disable Corrections I made myself under Map Share Correction Preferences (so I can temporarily use my TomTom in my passenger car), they changes disappear (as expected), but don't reappear if I re-enable Corrections I made myself

On limited access highways I can sort of address issue 1 by modifying just the entrance ramps for the highway, but even that can get tedious.

For 2, is there a way I can "save" my changes and re-apply them in bulk after an update?

For 3, I had thought about possibly utilizing two sets of North American maps, or perhaps just a regional set, where I make my commercial vehicle modifications. Ignoring any storage space requirements, is this a possibility?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Ask a Question