map purchase by Canadians?

TomTom Model(s)
GO730
I think the Canadian "store" of TT has been 'under construction' for a while. So to purchase maps for example a Canadian would just pay the US funds...I think $125 US :eek: ?

I think the Canadian "store" of TT has been 'under construction' for a while. So to purchase maps for example a Canadian would just pay the US funds...I think $125 US :eek: ?

You can try ordering a map thru tomtom HOME just click on add maps traffic voices ect.... you can not order under the US site because your address will not match up with a US address. You need a US address in order to order off of the US site. I hope this helps you and yes Canadian site has been down for a long time but they are working on it. If you do not have home installed go to www.tomtom.com/home and download it from there. :)

You can try ordering a map thru tomtom HOME just click on add maps traffic voices ect.... you can not order under the US site because your address will not match up with a US address. You need a US address in order to order off of the US site. I hope this helps you and yes Canadian site has been down for a long time but they are working on it. If you do not have home installed go to www.tomtom.com/home and download it from there. :)

The Canadian site has been down for at least a year.......I highly doubt anybody at TT cares, letalone is 'working on it':mad:

You can try ordering a map thru tomtom HOME just click on add maps traffic voices ect....

I had seen that one can order via HOME. But I had always noticed that the price was quoted in...euros? I never went past that to see how it would pan out.

And I take it one cant order by phone?

But I had always noticed that the price was quoted in...euros?

Your credit card will do the conversion for you. Just divide the price by 1.5 to get the approximate dollar equivalent. Have no fear of ordering in Euros. :)

Last edited:
Your credit card will do the conversion for you. Just divide the price by 1.5 to get the approximate dollar equivalent. Have to fear of ordering in Euros. :)

And so the approximate amount will be much less than the $125 I saw in US funds...right? I dont have HOME with me but I recall that the EURO amount was approx eighty something?

Uh, 80 x 1.5 is more like $120. The bank rate last night was 1 euro = $1.54 Canadian so a 'common' user will more than likely see a 1.6 rather than a 1.5 exchange.

So this route seems slightly more expensive than getting it directly off the TomTom U.S. website.

But as was mentioned it isnt possible for a Canadian to make the purchase through the US website w/o a corresponding US address.

But as was mentioned it isnt possible for a Canadian to make the purchase through the US website w/o a corresponding US address.

Look up the address of the Canadian Consulate in Washington, DC. Put that in the US site. Seriously.

Why don't you try giving a phony address. The address actually serves no purpose, because nothing is mailed to you. You download your new map via the internet.

Just give it a try. The worst that will happen is that they will refuse your order.

Look up the address of the Canadian Consulate in Washington, DC. Put that in the US site. Seriously.

I did similarly to obtain my XM *US* subscription a few years back. I just wasnt sure if the address had to match the credit card address. But I am likely to wait until the next map update before purchasing as I hoping that release will show ALG for Canadian highways.

I did similarly to obtain my XM *US* subscription a few years back. I just wasnt sure if the address had to match the credit card address. But I am likely to wait until the next map update before purchasing as I hoping that release will show ALG for Canadian highways.

I was just about to purchase through Home. It would be about $139 Canadian.

Is there supposed to be another release shortly?? I thought that 8.10 was the current. And (pardon my ignorance), but what is ALG?

Ask a Question