Map overlay

Not having any luck here...I used google earth to get the map corner coordinates... I followed these directions.. Create Your Own Content Guide

Here is what I entered in the sat file...I used note pad and changed the file extension then move both file to the raster folder..

highpoint.JPG
here is the image I used..
highpoint.jpg

Any Ideas on what I screwed up? :mad: Maybe I used the wrong lat and long format? I have a TomTom XL 325s

Is the image shown the area you want captured? If so, you would see that image when in 2D view for that area, you scroll out on the map.......

Yes that is the image.... It is a smaller pic on the forum...Photobucket re-sized it.I just tried 2D...No luck. I tried all zoom levels..

Be 100% certain that your filenames for the .jpg and .sat are identical. CASE COUNTS - this is a Linux based system that gets fussy about that stuff.

Check the properties of your .txt file by right clicking and selecting properties. By any chance did the file wind up being named something.txt.txt instead of something.txt?

Last, change the number for max zoom from 30 to something much larger like 3000.

Do any of those make a difference?

Be 100% certain that your filenames for the .jpg and .sat are identical. CASE COUNTS - this is a Linux based system that gets fussy about that stuff.

Check the properties of your .txt file by right clicking and selecting properties. By any chance did the file wind up being named something.txt.txt instead of something.txt?

Last, change the number for max zoom from 30 to something much larger like 3000.

Do any of those make a difference?

Double checked everything..Looks ok..I even changed it to 3000...No go..

Attachments

• highpoint.jpg
    highpoint.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 346
I got it :D Changed the text file..Notice I left out the (-) Pretty cool...Going to add a over lay of the lake I boat in :D

To this:
highpoint.JPG

You mean you're not in China?:rolleyes:

Ask a Question