Map of france for ONE XL

TomTom Model(s)
one xl
I just downloaded the update for a map of france, but once I tried to activate the map, i got a message that said "cannot run this map on this device". I had an sd storage card installed, and once I removed it, the one xl rebooted and came up with the proper information of the US.

I took the tomtom to france last year and it worked just fine. I am currently in the US and wonder if that is the problem: Will the map not load because I'm in another part of the world?

I don't remember trying to load the map in the US last year.

We leave for france in three months and I plan on taking this thing with me and driving in the south of france.

Any advice?

The fact you are in the US should not preclude the downloading and installing of a map for a different country, if the map is legitimate for your device.

Do you have the latest application for your unit? When you connect to Home, is a new app offered?

What is the version of the France map that you downloaded? 850?

You should still be able to do things like Advanced Planning for destinations in France while still in the States.

A call to support at 866-486-6866 may be necessary.

If you tried to download the new 850 W&CE map it may be too large for your machine.

Make a search for Map Zone or mikealder in the forum and read Mike's advise.

Ask a Question