Map not available for this device error

TomTom Model(s)
520 T
Hi

I am a UK user with a TomTom 520T with GB maps. I paid for a new map of North America (the one for the 720 as it had more POIs) and I downloaded and installed on a 2GB SD card.

BUT when I am in Home 2.2 and hit update, I am told that this map (North American 2GB) is not available for the device and it wont let me download it.

So why?

Does this mean that I can not longer use it?

Does it mean I get a refund from TomTom

I thought the TomTom terms sadi you can download it for ever as you have bought it.

Am I screwed?

Thanks
Craig

Hi

I am a UK user with a TomTom 520T with GB maps. I paid for a new map of North America (the one for the 720 as it had more POIs) and I downloaded and installed on a 2GB SD card.

BUT when I am in Home 2.2 and hit update, I am told that this map (North American 2GB) is not available for the device and it wont let me download it.

So why?

Does this mean that I can not longer use it?

Does it mean I get a refund from TomTom

I thought the TomTom terms sadi you can download it for ever as you have bought it.

Am I screwed?

Thanks
Craig

In recent days, their software has been more restrictive as to the installation of maps on devices not meant for them.

Call TomTom support and ask for a refund. Others in the same boat have gotten a credit to their account.

That's weird because I was able to download on my TT one XLS with US map, bought in the US since I live here, the european map
Since I couldn't install both maps on TT, I bought a 2Gb SD card.
The Us is running on the TT memory and the european on the SD card.
I can update both without any issues
I don't know where the restriction is on mine

I had similar problems trying to update the NA7.1 maps on a TTOne yesterday using Home 2.2.

Today I am not having any problems; the map showed up and updated MapShare.

I'm not sure they were trying to be more restrictive or if they were having system problems.

---update---
I noticed that the map isn't available to re-download. It was showing the map from my PC. Yesterday MapShare wasn't showing my maps or updating... today it shows the map and downloads updates.

Last edited:
so those people at tom have decided to swap my nice new North American 2GB map in my account for the crappy USA & Canada map which is half the size, no terrain or POI data worth a salt and they think thats fine.

Well its not fine and I am pissed.

so those people at tom have decided to swap my nice new North American 2GB map in my account for the crappy USA & Canada map which is half the size, no terrain or POI data worth a salt and they think thats fine.

Well its not fine and I am pissed.

That happened to me as well some time back. Phone, complain (nicely) and have them put the NA map back in your account for downloading.

I think the only restriction (that I've heard of) is running the NA maps on units that ONLY came with the USA and Canada maps. I just think TT is shooting themselves in the foot by doing this... But whatever.

Ask a Question