map download question

Update

Thank you that really clears it up. LMK what you think of the map after it is downloaded.

Are you on dialup or cable??

Good news and bad news...the bad news is that it did NOT download correctly the SD card...the good news is that it DID download to my hard drive as well. When I get home today I will try and figure it out and post another update, and BTW I have DSL with bellsouth and the download was very s l o w. :confused:

Final Update

Well I must say that I'm very pleased with the outcome. It took alittle work on my part and NONE from TT Support. Never talked to them once. :eek:

Anyways, the outcome is great. As I mentioned the DL did not go well lastnight to my XLS device, however it did download to the hard drive, thank God.

All I did was deleted the US and Canada folder off of the 2gig card, then created a folder (BTW I have a card reader on my desktop) named NorthAmerica. Then I went to the folder with the NA file which came all zipped up, I unzipped these files and exported them to the NA folder on the card.

Word to the wise, you will have to create an address in the UK, I did a google search and found an address.

After unzipping everything to the NA folder on the card, I turned the GPS on and everything worked with the NEW map, I then proceded to log into TT Home UK site. No updates to download, great cause you can see the version in my signature below.

Then I added all the free stuff POI's, Voices and such. It did change some settings that were easy enough to fix and it erased all my favorites I had saved but no big deal, I'll just create them again.

From what I can see from playing with the unit some, there are some improvements to the mapping. A better test of that when I drive into work tomorrow. Over all I'm pleased. Another word to the wise, from what I can tell is all the upgrades will have to be done logging into the UK site...no biggie to me on that issue. HeHe

I have attached 3 photo's to show you what is on my XLS device. I hope I have explained this well enough to help others out so be patient and things fall together. -whew-

The SNAG-0079.jpg is a pic logged into the US site wanting to give the Us and Canada update....can you say NO THANKS.

Attachments

• SNAG-0077.jpg
    SNAG-0077.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 276
  • SNAG-0078.jpg
    SNAG-0078.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 261
  • SNAG-0079.jpg
    SNAG-0079.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 273
That is great news. I am copying the contents of my TT1 to the computer for a full back twice for safty. I will them copy all the contents to the 2GB SD card with a card reader and just leave off the US / canada map then I will download the NA map.

I do not know why you have to log into the UK site for updates?

If you use the map from the 920, you will need a 4GB SD card. The maps are just a little bit too big for the 2GB SD card. If you use the map from the 720, it will fit right on the 2GB card with some room to spare for other things :) I went through some frustration the first time around

check and see what version you got as the new .160 version hit yesterday on the TT home page for the Go700 from what I just read in another post by somebody that just downloaded it but from the US for his Go700

Ask a Question