Map corrections when using custom menu

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom XL-335TM; Map 935.5811
Anyone using a 'custom menu' knows that you have to give up a few features (or icons) because those features are embedded within the Navcore 7 firmware. These are, "Help Me", "Safety Preferences" and "Map Corrections". I found that you can still access 'Map Corrections' under the 'Browse Map' feature.

To find the choices that are normally under 'Map Corrections' icon:
  • tap screen then right arrow until you see 'browse map' and tap it.
  • now tap the blue cursor near the bottom
  • tap 'correct location'
  • You'll see all the choices to make a map correction... including 'unblock street', 'reverse traffic direction', 'edit street name', 'add POI', 'edit POI', and 'report other error' (with serveral other choices).

Hope this helps some of you. :D

Last edited:
Anyone using a 'custom menu' knows that you have to give up a few features (or icons) because these features are embedded into the Navcore 7 firmware. These are, "Help Me", "Safety Preferences" and "Map Corrections". I found that you can access all of the choices for map corrections under the 'browse map' feature.

To find the choices that are normally under 'Map Corrections' icon:
  • tap screen then right arrow until you see 'browse map' and tap it.
  • now tap the blue cursor near the bottom
  • tap 'correct location'
  • You'll see all the choices to make a map correction... including 'unblock street', 'reverse traffic direction', 'edit street name', 'add POI', 'edit POI', and 'report other error'.

Hope this helps some of you. :D

Very good find, Rick....I should add this as an informational note to my website!

Thanks Birdman. Glad to help - even if just a little. You've helped many folks on this forum through your postings and your own website.

Yesterday I made a map correction (changed name of street) and it worked just fine. Later it uploaded through TomTom home via map-share.

Ask a Question