Map corrections not being shown

When I make map corrections, is there any way I can get it to show to me? Or do I have to wait for it to be pushed through online and get on a new map... Reason I ask, I use this in my copcar, and I need my map correct for many, many reasons and its quite annoying. The most annoying thing is actually the smallest thing though... The street my station is on, is not on the map either... it drives me nuts!

When I make map corrections, is there any way I can get it to show to me? Or do I have to wait for it to be pushed through online and get on a new map... Reason I ask, I use this in my copcar, and I need my map correct for many, many reasons and its quite annoying. The most annoying thing is actually the smallest thing though... The street my station is on, is not on the map either... it drives me nuts!

I also would like to know.

My street ends for two blocks before it starts up again. The TomTom always tries to route me right through the middle of the park when calculating a route.

here's basically how mapshare works....

Some corrections can be shared.

If I add a name to one of the many unnamed roads in my area, and upload that change to mapshare, eventually it might make it to your system when you download mapshare changes. I can also block a section of road here where a bridge no longer exists for instance. you should get that change also.

If you did similar things in your area, you will see these immediately on your maps. And I would eventually get those changes through mapshare.

but in the case of adding roads or streets, that cannot be done by the user and in those cases mapshare is nothing more than a reporting service so that future maps might get updated...You tell tomtom of the change through mapshare, they verify it and put those streets or roundabouts on a new map version. You will never see the change in your unit unless that change makes it to a new map version and you actually purchase that map version.

Well that's about worthless.... Pay for the unit, and the map that's there is wrong, and I have to pay again to have it corrected, $100.00 to be exact? That's rediculous. Anyone know of any way around this where you can edit your own maps permanantly?

Well that's about worthless.... Pay for the unit, and the map that's there is wrong, and I have to pay again to have it corrected, $100.00 to be exact? That's rediculous. Anyone know of any way around this where you can edit your own maps permanantly?

Any mapshare changes you can access on the first screen of the unit should be able to be seen on your map. The 'report other errors' categories are not available for the current map you have.

I also would like to know.

My street ends for two blocks before it starts up again. The TomTom always tries to route me right through the middle of the park when calculating a route.

You might want to block the street blocks which are shown incorrectly...that would keep your routing on the real roads.

You might want to block the street blocks which are shown incorrectly...that would keep your routing on the real roads.

Thanks Tim,

I made the street one way south. The XL would not let me block a partial street. It was the total two block area from the intersections to the north and south. I could not block it using street addresses or Lat/Long. While making the street one way it resolved my routing issues but the map is still incorrect. Funny thing the streets to the west and east end at the park as they should.

Ask a Question