Map compatibility from 910 to which other models?

my TomTom 910 just got stolen and I need a new one. I had purchased the TomTom 910 specifically for the US/Euro maps. I still have the map update CD that they sent me so:

1) can I buy a newer US only model from TomTom and use the CD of US/Euro maps to add Europe to my US model?
2) is the update CD just an 'update' or does it include the entire map data

Unfortunately I paid $500 and the map CD is all I have left to show for it so id like to use them somehow

Is this CD from TomTom? what map version does the CD contain?
1)Maps are tied to the unit so if you want to reuse it, you may have to contact TomTom and explain to them the situation.
2)It should be the whole map.

I would second Pedro's advice, my first unit broke. so i bought another...same model and all.
I spoke with TomTom (UK) customer service today and they basically said because i had bought another device the old maps couldnt be used. (The whole maps are device specific issue)
They did however say they do have exception to this, and could issue a map activation code. (you might qualify since it wasnt your fault) maybe you will be ok? Good Luck!

Ask a Question