Map Colors Flickers while driving no idea how to fix

The Free Ram is :13mb
Map Version is: v710.1584
The App version is 8.301

And sadly it won't let me get the latest map guarantee says it expired I might be able to get TT to give them to me if I bother them enough.

App 8.x and map 7.x don't play well together.

Have you tried downgrading your application? Many of the cool app v8 features (ALG / IQroutes) don't work without a new map anyways.

If you don't have a backup, you can try downgrading as follows:

1) do a full backup with explorer
2) delete everything from the root of your device (leave folders untouched)
3) download app 7.481 and extract to the root of the device:
http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/navcore_7.481.9086.gox20.cab
4) unplug and do a pin reset

In the new mode, does the status screen show 7.481 (making sure the app downgrade worked)? If so you can rule out navcore being the cause.

Do you have a backup of your original device prior to RMA? Check the ttgo.bif file from the backup in notepad and compare to your current device. Is the DeviceUniqueID is different? (eg: they didn't just ship you the same defective unit back) I'm pretty sure your issue is not hardware because tomtom home bypasses most aspects of the hardware and the problem shows in Home.

One final hardware test you can do: Putting the sd card in a card reader and run Home against the SD card. If the home demo errors flickers with the SD reader, then you can definitely rule out hardware.

My guess is something is wrong with the map. I noticed that the flicker only occurs on intersections, which makes me more suspicious about the map. I pulled my old One LE with a v710 USA_Canada map, and app 7.903, and it did not exhibit the issue on the exact same route demo. So either the North America v710 has a bug that USA_Canada doesn't, or your map is corrupt. Anyone else have a v710 North America map that they can test out?

That's a good idea well I'll have to out and buy a reader the one I got doesn't sdhc I'll let you know what happens when I get it running.

Maybe (never tried it), Home may run against regular flash thumb drive. You can try copying everything to a blank thumb drive to see if that works.

You're using SDHC. What does the app status screen say after "Boot"?

Last edited:
The Free Ram is :13mb
Map Version is: v710.1584
The App version is 8.301

And sadly it won't let me get the latest map guarantee says it expired I might be able to get TT to give them to me if I bother them enough.

My brother had the same problem, but once he loaded 815.2019 to internal memory -- the problem went away.

He's running 8.320.9901

Mule

Ask a Question