Map changed

I just got my 720 and all of the sudden the default screen showing path and surrounding area went from the default to a blue background with a BIG arrow and just the next turn showing on the screen.
Anyone know what I did wrong?

I just got my 720 and all of the sudden the default screen showing path and surrounding area went from the default to a blue background with a BIG arrow and just the next turn showing on the screen.
Anyone know what I did wrong?

Try "soft reset" (use a paper clip on the bottom of the unit).
Hope this helps...

Nope.
Does it have to be held in for a certain length of time?
Some devices require that you hold the reset button for a length of time

10-15 seconds? Nothing will happen - you will have to restart the unit yourself (I thought the first time I did it that it will restart by itself).

If you made backups, try restoring. You could also do a reflash (check out this link).

Go to change preferences, then to page three, brightness preferences, then from night view to day view.

I found this on another "REVIEW" site that explains what I am getting. I must have changed it and don't know how to change it back.

This is what was written:
you can even turn the map off entirely and show the screen shown below. The directions screen is actually very handy since it shows the next two turns while the regular screen only shows one. It shows the name of the street to turn on and the name of the street you are traveling on.

TomTom3.GIF

I want to get back to this

TomTom3D.GIF

Turned off MAP display

NEVER MIND ! !

I FOUND IT! In the Manual PDF

What happens when I use the Turn off map display option?
When you turn off the map display, instead of seeing your position on a map
in the Driving View, you will only see information about the next instruction.
Tap the button and select an option for when the map should be turned off.
These are the options:
? Always - The map will not be shown and you will only see information
about the next instruction and arrows showing direction.
? Above a certain speed - you set the speed at which point the map will be
turned off. This option is useful for situations when the map might be
distracting, such as when you are driving fast.
? Never - the map is never turned off.

I hope this info will some day help someone else.

I found this on another "REVIEW" site that explains what I am getting. I must have changed it and don't know how to change it back.

This is what was written:
you can even turn the map off entirely and show the screen shown below. The directions screen is actually very handy since it shows the next two turns while the regular screen only shows one. It shows the name of the street to turn on and the name of the street you are traveling on.

TomTom3.GIF

I want to get back to this

TomTom3D.GIF

Bad links.

Ask a Question