Map 926 for Go 600?

Last edited:
From TomTom:

Hi all,

today we have published the latest map version 9.26 for the following maps:

• Europe
  • Western Europe
  • UK & Ireland
This map version is a preparation for a planned software release, and will be automatically offered in MyDrive to all devices that came with lifetime maps for these regions.

I just received a new map offer for my Go 600 today. Its version 9.26
Did TomTom changed their update schedule?
I was not aware that the 9.26 maps were being offered for the US. They were apparently offered some weeks ago in Europe as an update to the European 9.25 maps that had some kind of a conflict with voice control, but I had not heard that this was necessary in the US. (That does not mean that it is not needed here, just that I had not heard that it is.)

- Tom -

EDIT
dhn posted his reply while I was writing mine. Given the absence of North America from the TomTom message, I would be cautious about attempting to install 9.26 on a NAM GPS until it is clear that this is definitely intended by TomTom.

Not seeing the 926 map at that link. Where should I be looking?

I don't see it at that exact link, but if I go from that page back to the main maps tab, then select "Discover somewhere new" (World maps), if I select an older model (egGO940) and choose a particular map, I get offered v925 (shown as v9.25), but if I select a new model (eg GO5000) then I get offered v926 (shown as v9.26)

But I'm also seeing v926 for USA on the US website.

USA - Single Map(v9.26)
4602.77 MB

Interesting. Wonder why that is showing up for a Nav4 device in NAM? Inquiring minds want to know. I had thought it was only related to voice control for EU units.

From reading bits in the German forum, it appears this is in preparation for future spoken address recognition, that's why it seems to be 200 MB larger than 9.25 over there.

But we already have spoken address recognition, right? So what's with a 926?

Yeah, but the OP is in Philly and getting a NAM map. As I say, I was unaware that there was any need for a 926 style map in NAM where voice recognition is (I think) SOP for units with microphones like the 600.

That's too strange. First I've seen of that! I wonder -- will they issue ice road openings and closures in maps every Fall and Spring now?:rolleyes:

Negative, dhn. I think you may be misinterpreting "ice road". We don't have those here, even in the coldest of the winter season. I think we're talking about roads in Alaska that open as 'short cuts' only after the winter freeze really sets in and traffic begins to traverse areas that would be lakes in the warmer months. The location of water and our road system preclude the need for such things.

I know there are ice roads in Manitoba during the winter. They even have a TV series on Discovery (I think) called 'Ice Road Truckers'

Yup. We've seen that series, too. What's always scary is the mad scramble at the end of the season to get as much moved as possible before things become too thin to be safe.

I wonder if Tomtom is permanently building a schedule for these into the maps. Seems doubtful that the actual closures are date-based vs temperature based.

Perhaps it is a permanent removal of these roads from the map so that routing doesn't ever take them, but that would waste lots of time in the winter.

Tomtom's CEO was speaking about a 48 hour map publishing engine coming live this fall. Perhaps they'll have an ability to publish additions and deletions of these roads via the daily map updates as needed.

Ask a Question