Map 865 released

As I am not given the option to quote I'll have to do it the long way by opening two browsers as I cannot type and go to a previous page.
dhn said:
Also notice new files in the 865 NA map that have not seen before such as: overview.dat (1 meg), overview.met (2K) and this one: housenrs.dat (92 megs!).
I have none of those in my TT930 download.

pat3500 said:
crpoi.dat was 194,305KB in 860 and is now only 25,203KB in 865.
poi.dat was 256,441KB in 860 and is now only 242,374KB in 865.
Still haven't seen any crpoi file in years. My poi.dat went from 231,992 to 231,897.

cu389 said:
download the NA-Canada-MX 865 map from TomTom Home for my XL340TM this morning and got an error (Server error: file temporarily moved)
Because of a question in a Yahoo group I went the US purchase options for maps and was offered US&Mexico for 59.95, as well as Canada*Alaska for 49.95 !

What do you mean you don't have the option to quote, Arno? Is there not a Quote button to the left of each post you see?

What do you mean you don't have the option to quote, Arno? Is there not a Quote button to the left of each post you see?
No, there wasn't at time of posting. This had happened about a year ago.
Not the web site's fault. The cause was my turning off Javascript.

In an eMail list someone posted a Voice of America web page which carried news about the earthquake in Christchurch. Opening it it was fount to be hacked by the Iranian Cyber Army, proudly pointing to a page long list of hacked sites.
The OP said he was getting the proper web site. Others piped in yeah and nay with all kinds of browsers.
When one of the posters, who had seen the hacked site too, later reported that everything was OK I cleared out the cache and turned off Java script, to no avail.
But at that time I went to the TTF and, of course, could not Quote, Edit or see pictures.

In such a case opening a second browser cut and paste text and making quotes manually does work.

Maybe you should put that part about Turn on Java script if you see no Quote button into the FAQs.

Cheers, Arno

Just finished updating my 550. No issues at all.

There was one new major road that was just finished about 6 months ago. Unfortunately it didn't make it into this update. :rolleyes:

TT is being very closed mouth about it.

Call CS at 866-486-6866 on Monday and see what story they have to tell.

It would be nice to get the new 865 map soon. I opened a ticket with tomtom 2 weeks ago trying to figure out why I wasn't getting 860 map for my GO 2505. Here's the answer I got...

"Thank you for taking the time to contact TomTom Customer Support. My name is xxxxxx and we are always happy to help.

I understand that your device is unable to download the latest map. I understand how frustrating this can be.

I am here to assist you and will provide the necessary information in this regard.

This is a known issue and please be assured that the Senior Support is working diligently to resolve the issue. We are unable to provide you an estimated date as to when the issue will be resolved. However, I would strongly recommend you to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter so that whenever any news or updates about it are released, you will be the first one to know
."

Strange. When I checked my email late last night I noticed that I got an email from TomTom support that specifically said the 865 map was released for the GO 2505TM at the same time as it was for the older TomTom units. The email said to call TomTom support immediately if the map update isn't showing up through the MyTomTom HOME 3 software.

Strange. When I checked my email late last night I noticed that I got an email from TomTom support that specifically said the 865 map was released for the GO 2505TM at the same time as it was for the older TomTom units. The email said to call TomTom support immediately if the map update isn't showing up through the MyTomTom HOME 3 software.

I guess have to wait and see what TT support says later today. I didn't get an email and "MY TomTom" still says it is up to date (I cleared the cache, etc.).:(

The MyHome software still says my unit is up to date with map version 855 as of today. Apparently TomTom's support reps are about as useless as HP's India based tech support reps with my laptop.

I'm using "My TomTom" software, version 3.0.2.251.which was a released a week or 2 ago. It still says my GO 2505 is up to date (I have map V855.3051). It did update my GPS with App 10.110 the other week too.

I got back to TT support today telling them that I am not getting the new map, even with their suggested clearing the cache, etc. Here's what they answered with. Not sure why they specifically mention TomTom HOME version 2.8.

"Thank you for updating the issue and providing us the details, we needed.

I have already discussed your issue with our Senior Support. We regret to inform you that there is a known issue with TomTom HOME version 2.8, which is causing these issues.

Please be assured that the Senior Support is working diligently to resolve the issue. We are unable to provide you an estimated date as to when the issue will be resolved. However, I would strongly recommend you to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter so that whenever any news or updates about it are released, you will be the first one to know. If you choose to subscribe for the TomTom Newsletter then please visit the following link:

When you update the map, then you will need to update the app, as latest map requires latest app to support the other features and services to work with the latest map.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you because of this issue
. "

That's called following a script and not paying attention to the actual issue. TT support has raised that to a new level of, um, 'silliness' (this is a family forum after all....) at times.

TomTom has not been able to deliver updated maps to anybody with 2x models in North America as far as I'm aware. (and precious few around the world with 1x models or Via's have gotten them, either).

In the interest of trying to protect against map piracy, they have gone to a faulty delivery method (the cloud [or 'clud', Mike] based web site with a consequence that not only have TT shot themselves in the foot, I think they've shot themselves in their corporate head.

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience caused to you because of this issue
. "
They should be apologizing for not reading the message you sent them in the first place! That's just sad.

I want to buy this map and I searched in google for a promo code, and most of them are not working, of maybe I should wait for some time when they are on sale. Is it possible to get the last map update for a discounted price?

Normally, the latest map goes on sale (maybe a 30% discount) about four weeks prior to the due date of the next release. So, the 865 will probably go on sale about the end of April.

2405 & I can't get it connected to MyTomTom.

MyTomTom reads the Serial # TC5400k.... and it says "Connecting" but the gray circle doesn't seem to me moving.
Any ideas to correct?

MyTomTom reads the Serial # TC5400k.... and it says "Connecting" but the gray circle doesn't seem to me moving.
Any ideas to correct?

Install MyTomtom from here (if you haven't yet), and make sure all antivirus software is disabled. See if that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I uninstalled and reinstalled mytomtom

and now the gray circle is clocking and has been for about 10 minutes. I wonder if I should try again on a weekday??
Thanks

Ask a Question