Map 850 has been released

we got the xxl 540 s for a great deal at Amazon - and got the map update service which is cool - but on our xxl we get US Canada Mexico maps !!!!!

Enjoyed the latest download as it is the first time since we had a TomTom we had a 720 before that we have seen the 3D exit image - coming back from the Mall of America - I saw it and yelled look at this ... so looks like this update was pretty good for us - next map update should see our promised error fixed !!!!!

thanks for the welcome bud. I have been reading these forums for years but took the plunge to post today ....

glad to know we have the right map :D

worked out how to transfer the voice we love which is HM The Queen to our TomTom ....

Upgraded to V850 (North America) since I've picked up my GO730 from Best Buy Canada during Christmas of 2009 and Advance Lane Guidance with Junction View is finally on my GO730 working within the major highways within Ontario, Canada.

For anyone who resides in the other provinces of Canada and has also upgraded to V850, please advise your findings.

Actually, the ALG and Reality View was finally implemented in the 845 map in Canada. Long time coming.

Update problem for me!

I started updating to 850 yesterday but had to leave the computer before it finished. When I returned, I had a blank screen on my computer and it would not come back to life. I had to reboot. I went back to TTHOME and tried to update again but it didn't indicate that I needed to so I assumed I was up to date. I turned on my TT and had no map. It appeared to have the correct coordinates but without a map. I downloaded my last backup to my 2GB SD card and am back up and running. My problem is now that I have Map USA & Canada v. 845.2669 and when I try to update, TTHOME does not indicate that a newer version is available. Is there any hope for me?

Thanks, dhn. I found the files but could not extract even the first one to my card. Said "Not enough space on TT. Need additional 571 MB".

Looks like I may have duplicated the files when I uploaded the last "backup" to the 2GB card. Should I have deleted all files on the card before installing the old backup?

Not clear what model you have? Is it a Go model x20 or x30 where you can run things on internal and on an external sdhc card or is everything run from a card?

In other words, what do you have where?

It accepots up to a 2GB SD card but uses EITHER the TT's hd OR the card... not both... the way I understand it. As you can tell, I'm not really all that computer literate.

Okay, so the application and the map folder both have to be in the same location.

So..........

Let's go for everything on internal. When you look at the contents of the unit, do you see loose files in the root of the unit? By loose files, I mean files NOT in any folder? These loose files make up your application software.

If you do see them, then do you see a specific map folder (USA_and_Canada, or something similar)?

That's where we want to install the 850 map without using Home.

Thanks so much for the help, dhn but I'm going to have to put this project on the back burner for a few days as were just leaving to go out of town. I'll pick up with your instructions when I get back. Again. THANK YOU!

There were a number of different One XL models, look at the base of the device the number will be something like "4S00.000" if you can post what number is on your device then I can identify it. Some models had no internal memory, some had a small amount of memory (regional for just UK&ROI) others had more memory to hold the Western_Europe map.

All devices can use an SD card up to 2GB, note this device will not accept SDHC style cards. To use a memory card EVERYTHING needs to be on the card not just the map - If it has internal memory the device will look for a card when it boots up, if it finds the Navcore application on the memory card it will boot from the SD card, if the Navcore (software/ application) isn't on the SD card then it boot from the internal memory (assuming it has some) - Mike

I have submitted many updates via MapShare or directly to TeleAtlas. Usually when I pick up a new map I can see several-to-many of these updates incorporated into the new map. After completing an update from 845 to 850, I don't think I've seen a single recently-reported update in the new map. I've been pleased with most updates, but based on issuesI have reported...I'm kind of disappointed with 850.

I downloaded and installed the 850 map a few days ago; everything seemed to be working fine until I try to "Navigate To" then everything goes haywire. The device reboots itself. I've not found any one post any issues as of yet (quick search).

We've got the XXL 540TM. I'm going to try to see if I get any updates when I connect to TTHome, otherwise I'm loading my backup.

--Update. I hooked up to my PC, ran Home navigated to an address. Then I disconnected from the PC and did the same and it seems to have fixed itself.

Last edited:
The rebooting symptom sounds like what sometimes happens when the mapsettings.cfg file in the map folder causes issues.

If it acts up again, you can try this:

Copy the mapsettings.cfg from a backed up map to the new map's folder. Then connect to Home and run the emulator. Manage Favourites. Add one, delete one, edit one, doesn't matter.

Disconnect the unit properly from the computer using Home's Device Disconnect icon.

But if it isn't acting up, don't bother doing what I suggested.........

Ask a Question