Map 8.60 Has Been Released

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom GO 2405TM
Map 860 Has Been Released

Today the MyTomtom (Home 3) software alerted me of a software update. After installing the MyTomtom update, its now notifying me to connect my GO 2405 to get new updates. Seeing as I don't have my Tomtom at the moment to check what these updates are, I checked the Tomtom website to find they have the 860 version of the maps available. Looks like I'll be checking out how this new Tomtom software installs maps on my GO 2405 tonight :).

P.S. After the MyTomtom software update, it now shows my GO as a 2405 on the website it launches instead of a GO 1000.

Last edited:
... they have the 8.60 version of the maps available.
Good to hear that the new MyTomTom is pulling down maps! We were all wondering if/when they'd get that sorted.

I grabbed 860 this morning, and was pleasantly surprised that the servers in North America are in happy mode - only took 18 minutes to download the NA_2GB map via Comcast.

Today the MyTomtom (Home 3) software alerted me of a software update. After installing the MyTomtom update, its now notifying me to connect my GO 2405 to get new updates. Seeing as I don't have my Tomtom at the moment to check what these updates are, I checked the Tomtom website to find they have the 860 version of the maps available. Looks like I'll be checking out how this new Tomtom software installs maps on my GO 2405 tonight :).

P.S. After the MyTomtom software update, it now shows my GO as a 2405 on the website it launches instead of a GO 1000.

i just login to night and still no v860 maps for the go1000 live

i just login to night and still no v860 maps for the go1000 live

Odd, TomTom's website shows 860 avalible and the MyTomTom software tells me there are updates for my device as of today. I have yet to test it out myself as I am at work, but I will be testing it out once I get home. Why the 860 maps would be available for all other devices but not the lastest GO 1XXX/2XXX devices would make no sense.....unless they have yet to finish up the 860 maps to support navicore 10 :rolleyes:.

New Map for XL350TM

I'm so confused. Are you talking about a new map for all TOMTOM users or only for certain GPS units?

I'm expecting the latest map update as a part of my lifetime maps option with my XL 350TM I just bought about two + months ago. Still nothing.

I also noticed one of you also referenced My TOMTOM 3. I have TOMTOM Home 2.

What am I missing about map update AND TT Home?

I downloaded the map for my 540. As always, the map doesn't fix any of the things I reported to TomTom (and made me the changes I had made via Mapshare). I've been signaling a change for over a year, the change is on every other mapping system, byut TeleAtlas won't update a highway interchange that was changed over 2 years ago... Is there anybody actually working at TeleAtlas?

Good thing is less duplicate POIs, but that might just mean less POIs overall.

I'm so confused. Are you talking about a new map for all TOMTOM users or only for certain GPS units?

I'm expecting the latest map update as a part of my lifetime maps option with my XL 350TM I just bought about two + months ago. Still nothing.

I also noticed one of you also referenced My TOMTOM 3. I have TOMTOM Home 2.

What am I missing about map update AND TT Home?

According to TomTom's single map purchase website, version 860 looks to be available for all units minus the GO 1XXX/2XXX series (MyTomTom update only from what it looks like). And that is really strange you don't see it for your XL 350 yet. It shows the XL 350 with the option to purchase version 860 of the USA, Canada, and Mexico map from TomTom's website. Why would it be on the website for a single purchase download and wouldn't it be available for download threw Home yet?? I never noticed these delays with new maps when I had my 130S.

Home and the tt server are not presently always playing nicely with each other. Tomtom is aware of this. Resolution expected within 72 hours.

According to TomTom's single map purchase website, version 860 looks to be available for all units minus the GO 1XXX/2XXX series (MyTomTom update only from what it looks like). And that is really strange you don't see it for your XL 350 yet. It shows the XL 350 with the option to purchase version 860 of the USA, Canada, and Mexico map from TomTom's website. Why would it be on the website for a single purchase download and wouldn't it be available for download threw Home yet?? I never noticed these delays with new maps when I had my 130S.

Home and the tt server are not presently always playing nicely with each other. Tomtom is aware of this. Resolution expected within 72 hours.

For the record the map update appeard this morning!

I really appreciate you both taking the time to respond. This is my first TOMTOM and the lifetime maps is what sold me but to this point in time I'm regrettng not getting a Garmin.

Confusions about map updates, changes to TomTom Home (see the TT website for hints of new home to come), the fact that I can't put my volume up over 85%, inaccuracies in the maps, yada yada yada

Oh well. Feel stuck with it now so hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Got the new 860 map for my go720 yesterday. They still have not changed the major ramp change in my area that was done 9 months ago and this is the second map since they were done:(

I bought the 860 map on Friday morning. I have yet to see it in my account (now Sunday night), even though TT support has stated they have put it there.

My daughters new 340TM has the 855 map, and it is the first version to actually include areas of my town that have been in existance for many many years.

cheers

Ask a Question