Many more POI's on 930?

I recently moved from a 720 to a 930 and besides the nice improvement in routing and time estimates it seems to have way more POI's than the 720 had. The 720 POI's were missing so many of the places I tried to find that I pretty much gave up on using it to find POI's. The 930 has found all of the POI's that I couldn't find on the 720 and is actually pretty useful.

What I'm wondering is if the 9xx series has always had lots more POI's than the others or if this is a version 8 map improvement. I notice that the POI.dat file on the 930 is 277mb's and on the 720 it is only 85mb.

The Western Europe map POI.dat file is also only 85mb though so perhaps I'm not looking at the right file or perhaps this map just doesn't have as many POI's as the North American map.

Has anyone else noticed more POI data on the 9xx's? It's been a while but I also seem to remember that my 910 had quite a few more POI's than the 720 as well.

True, the 920 had many more POIs than the 720 and in turn, the 720 had many more than the ONE models (73MB).

I've never seen the actual number of POIs in each but the point is how useful they are to you. Personally, I tend to use them more and more.

I had a 720 and a 920... the 920 has far more POI's

I recently moved from a 720 to a 930 and besides the nice improvement in routing and time estimates it seems to have way more POI's than the 720 had. The 720 POI's were missing so many of the places I tried to find that I pretty much gave up on using it to find POI's. The 930 has found all of the POI's that I couldn't find on the 720 and is actually pretty useful.

What I'm wondering is if the 9xx series has always had lots more POI's than the others or if this is a version 8 map improvement. I notice that the POI.dat file on the 930 is 277mb's and on the 720 it is only 85mb.

The Western Europe map POI.dat file is also only 85mb though so perhaps I'm not looking at the right file or perhaps this map just doesn't have as many POI's as the North American map.

Has anyone else noticed more POI data on the 9xx's? It's been a while but I also seem to remember that my 910 had quite a few more POI's than the 720 as well.

Ask a Question