Manual Install - maps not showing up

Hello,

I just bought the latest maps for Canada and USA but the install leaves my TomTom GO 700 clueless and the maps don't show up... I tried to do a manual install (copying the nessesary files mimicing the TomTom fileSystem) but i still cant see the maps. Restore doesnt work.

Does anyone know why this happens?

Go to Map management, can you choose the Map ?

Most likely, he can't get past the 'No maps found' screen.

Can you see a .dct file inside the folder? This is the file that contains the activation. If this isn't right, then the map is 'invisible'.

Last edited:
Most likely, he can't get past the 'No maps found' screen.

Can you see a .dct file inside the folder? This is the file that contains the activation. If this isn't right, then the map is 'invisible'.

I can only see the two older maps i have preloaded on the device but neither the new one or the old one contains a .dct... I have configured my computer to show hidden files but i still didnt find it.

These are the files i found in the new maps folder
Code:
cline.dat
cname.dat
cnode.dat
faces.dat
mapinfo.dat
MapSettings.cfg
poi.dat
tmccodes.dat
traffic.dat
traffic.inc
USA_and_Canada.mid
USA_and_Canada.pna

It looks like we are dealing with v6 maps here. I was assuming that it was v7. Is this right? (It's v7 maps that require a .dct file.)

Do you have a complete backup from before trying to install the new map?

What exactly happens when you turn on your unit? Does it boot up but gets stuck on the 'No maps found' screen?

It looks like we are dealing with v6 maps here. I was assuming that it was v7. Is this right? (It's v7 maps that require a .dct file.)

Do you have a complete backup from before trying to install the new map?

What exactly happens when you turn on your unit? Does it boot up but gets stuck on the 'No maps found' screen?

I have 2 maps preloaded on the system, boot up is normal but nothing beyond the 2 maps is visible in the Change maps area.

Missing Locations

I am new to the forum. My 910 is missing major locations such as Cleveland Hopkins Airport. Doesn't show any airports in Cleveland or car rental return locations, etc. how do I correct this and get these basic locations on the device?

What map version do you have install on your 910?
If you don't know how to check, see my signature

I have 2 maps preloaded on the system, boot up is normal but nothing beyond the 2 maps is visible in the Change maps area.
David, did you get the new map working? We would like to help, but you will have to help us to help you. We can't really help without some basic information.

46jimbo's question about your map version is very important. We need to know if you bought a v6 or a v7 map. If you have the 'latest' maps, they are undoubtedly v7 maps. v7 maps only work with v7 software. If you used HOME to buy and install your map, it would have indicated this and prompted you to upgrade the software version on your 700.

The map version should have been indicated when you bought it, please let us know what it is. The current software version on your 700 can be seen by tapping on the signal strength bars. The software version is then shown in the bottom-right corner. Please, also let us know this.

Ask a Question