Managing radio station POIs

TomTom Model(s)
910 w iPod & Razr connections
I've worked on some radio station POIs for the last few week, and I wondered if my TT910 could give me control over how far from the point the TT tells me about it, as some Garmin units can do.
TT support emailed me the other day to tell me the proximity alert is in preference window 2 of 7, under "manage POIs"
The top middle icon is "Warn when near POI," and that allows you to choose the POI list you want to set an alert for, and then set the distance from the point you want the alert to sound.
That's great, I thought, until I saw that the maximum setting is 9,999 yards, or meters if using metric, maybe six miles. When I'm on the road, I'm sometimes scanning for stations 40-50-60 miles away.
I told TT support that a future firmware release should provide longer distance units. The response I got back showed they hadn't looked at their software in a while. They didn't realize that choosing miles over kilometers means POI alerts are set in yards, not in miles. It's on a par with the response I got about getting my Mac to display the TT screen. When I asked for a screen shot of their apparently successful effort, they sent me back a screen shot of the Windows version of the Home software.

Ask a Question