MacBook Pro user needs advice

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One XL-S
Are there Mac users in the tomtomforums who can offer guidance in setting up software for maintaining my new TT ONE XL-S using the Mac.

I have my older Windows PC desktop but would rather run this software on the laptop. Then when I travel I could check updates.

Are there any problems, or traps to avoid, etc.?

I'm a die-hard Mac user (yet I manage Windows boxes for a living - go figure)....

For our new One LE, all I did was download the software from the Tomtom website, installed it on my wife's Macbook and my Powerbook. Connected the Tomtom, it offered to backup and downloaded the updates it needed.

Seemed to be very straightforward.

Welcome, I'm not real vocal around here but I'll do what I can for you. TomTom has a pretty good track record of Mac support. They have a Mac version, universal binary, of their HOME application. While the Windows version is up above 2.0 already, the latest Mac version is 1.6 and you can get it here:

http://www.tomtom.com/support/support.php?ID=3&Language=4

Once installed, open the app and then connect your TT and turn it on. The app will recognize it and check for any updates.

The app is pretty straightforward but if you have any issues, there's lots of help here.

Your TT should show up as a removable drive just like a digital camera does - be very careful with modifying/deleting/adding files via the mounted drive.

Ask a Question