Love my new 730 (housed in a 720 body) but have some questions

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1535M and XXL-540TM
I just bought a GO720 for 169.99 from Staples and got the most recent V8 maps (for free from TomTom) and Firmware V8... I absolutely love this thing!! Going from a One LE to this is like night and day!!

I have been looking at these forums for a while and still have questions that I just need straight answers to:

1) IQ Routes - do they take some time to become more accurate? As in, do they need to gather information over a period of time in order to route you correctly based on time and day you are traveling? I am noticing that my routes during rush hour are going right smack through high traffic jam areas.

2) Bluetooth through car speakers (FM Trans.) is not an option, correct?

3) Voice recognition is awesome... is there anyway to activate it with your voice rather than having to go to "Navigate To"?

Last edited:
1) IQ Routes - do they take some time to become more accurate? As in, do they need to gather information over a period of time in order to route you correctly based on time and day you are traveling? I am noticing that my routes during rush hour are going right smack through high traffic jam areas.

That's the theory....as more input is received from users sharing their real time driving experiences, further map updates will become more accurate vis-a-vis IQ routing

3) Voice recognition is awesome... is there anyway to activate it with your voice rather than having to go to "Navigate To"?

Don't believe so. Still have to get as far as select city manually for VR to 'kick in' I'm not 100% sure about #2 so I'll let someone else resond.

2) Bluetooth through car speakers (FM Trans.) is not an option, correct?

Correct. Bluetooth always annunciates through the unit. BTW, I have found the FM transmitter weak (volume level too low thru radio). Have MUCH better luck using the Aux Input jack on my factory radio.

Just my $0.05.

Ask a Question