Lost voices after Map Download

920T; downloaded N American map to internal and all worked. Then from TomTom Home I change devices to external card and choose update and it prompted me to DL the Eiuropen Map but also a 720-920 NavCore file. All worked but now unless I remove the internal card I get no sound from internal (or external thru FM speaker) for instructions. It will "boot" with no external card will output voices with card removed. From preferences/voices/Change voice/test voice I get no sound unless card is removed. Can anyone offer up some ideas. I was stupid to DL anything but the European Map to the external card. Oh yeah, I had to remove MP3's to make room for the European Map and after DL'ing the map I moved it to the computer hard drive and copied the songs back. Evidently DL'ing the operating system to the external card makes it look there for voices. I tried "manage maps" and of course only have the North American now to choose. Any help would be appreciated.

920T; downloaded N American map to internal and all worked. Then from TomTom Home I change devices to external card and choose update and it prompted me to DL the Eiuropen Map but also a 720-920 NavCore file. All worked but now unless I remove the internal card I get no sound from internal (or external thru FM speaker) for instructions. It will "boot" with no external card will output voices with card removed. From preferences/voices/Change voice/test voice I get no sound unless card is removed. Can anyone offer up some ideas. I was stupid to DL anything but the European Map to the external card. Oh yeah, I had to remove MP3's to make room for the European Map and after DL'ing the map I moved it to the computer hard drive and copied the songs back. Evidently DL'ing the operating system to the external card makes it look there for voices. I tried "manage maps" and of course only have the North American now to choose. Any help would be appreciated.

With the operating system on the sd card, the unit does indeed boot to the card first. It sees the map and doesn't see voices.

What you want is the operating system on internal along with the NA map and its voice files, the European card and its voices on the sd card. Then, when booting, it'll boot to internal, see the NA map and use its voices. Manage maps and you can switch to European and use its voice files.

Thanks

I guess it had the operating system on both internal and card. I could remove the card and it booted and the voices worked. I wound up deleting everything from the external card except for the MPG folder and files and the Picture folder and files. All work now..Thanks for your response

Ask a Question