Lost TomTom : track

TomTom Model(s)
GO 720
hi there,

Folks I never thought my car in the main street of Melbourne would be entered unlawfully. Guess what.. MAKE SURE YOU HIDE YOUR TOMTOM.
Its a bad feeling when this happens, new glass needed, calling insurance companies and lots of more hassles.
Be careful and dont be lazy like me..

:)
have a nice day.. dont worry I will be buying another TomTom.

have a nice day.. dont worry I will be buying another TomTom.

That sucks!

That's why many users don't show a 'home' location in TomTom or make it a poi or favourite so it's not so obvious.

hmmmmmmm....maybe I should, too:rolleyes:

That sucks!

That's why many users don't show a 'home' location in TomTom or make it a poi or favourite so it's not so obvious.

hmmmmmmm....maybe I should, too:rolleyes:

I dont understand the last post. What difference does it make if home location is in the tomtom? Is it since he stole your tomtom away from home, he knows you are not there?

I dont understand the last post. What difference does it make if home location is in the tomtom? Is it since he stole your tomtom away from home, he knows you are not there?

That's one possibility, yep....

Think of it (and this is KNOWN to go on at airports)....

A potential thief wanders airports and, given the opportunity, checks luggage tags. What do most people put on the tags? Their home address!!

Message to thief: I'm not home!

Just a cautionary tale, my friend (and no, I don't practise what I preach :eek: )

I never leave my Tom Tom in my vehicle in plain sight. If I am going to be away from the vehicle for a long length of time, I will take the unit with me. Too many cars are broken into and to some an item like a GPS or radar unit are tempting targets.

Maybe you could password protect your new one. Any little stumbling block to make it harder for these guys to make a dime off you.

Oh, thats the first thing I did. Ive got a little bag for it to live in. The glove box with a key is ready to go,. Thanks for the heads up.

GoTOMTOM

hey, this new tomtom rocks. just updated all the poi data and we are back on the road driving very safe :)

out of the ambulance!

i'm an emt... outside of a nursinghome.. some ass stole mine from the ambulance. seriously.... hope they never need my help. they dont deserve it! :(

have not replaced it yet...

Ask a Question