Lost shutdown screen after update

Hello everyone,I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else besides me,I did an update and it was completed without any problems and since then I have no shutdown screen,have tried to reinstall it but no luck,looking for suggestions to fix this problem.

Using TomTom One 3rd Edition

This has happened to my One 3rd edition many times after updating it. I believe the shutdown splash is named antitheft and is located in the root directory of the TomTom. The only thing I do is to rename the splash I want for shutdown to antitheft and place it back in the TomTom. If you need a splash screen generator go to this link:
http://www.neilstyles.com/generator.php

Other than that I don't think there is a fix for it.

On the ONE 3rd, buried somewhere in the menus, is an option: "Display Anti-theft" Some of the updates seem to reset this value.

Selecting it basically renames the "shutdown.bmp" image to "antitheft.bmp" or vice-versa (can't remember which way, but it seemed counter-intuitive to me...).

To fix this, just open the TomTom in your PC's file browser & locate the "images" folder (think that's what it's called..?). Switch to the thumbnails view & you should still see your shutdown image in there. By simply renaming this file manually, you'll restore it without an extensive menu search.

R?

Ask a Question