Lost favorites/previous addresses

TomTom Model(s)
Start55
If you have a backup of your previous map folder, then copy the mapsettings.cfg from that folder to the specific new map folder on your device using Explorer.

I need a backup of the map previous to that last update, which I finally got on 9-22-14, right, as that's the date I lost my stuff?

Well, the latest map (935) was released in August of this year. You may not have gotten the map till September. The next version (940) will be out in a week or 10 days.

Well, the latest map (935) was released in August of this year. You may not have gotten the map till September. The next version (940) will be out in a week or 10 days.

So,
That means my favorites and stuff are gone? Not really to big of a thing as most of the addresses I had were customers who I now know how to get to their places.

I keep a minimum of 2 complete Windows Explorer back ups on my device. Just in case.

Now that I've experienced this foobar, I can see how that may be wise thing! :(

Neither Garmin or TomTom like to make this stuff to easy, do they?

I need a backup of the map previous to that last update, which I finally got on 9-22-14, right, as that's the date I lost my stuff?
That is correct. If you made a manual backup, you will find the mapsettings.cfg file in your map folder. If you used Home, I hope you did it before the map update and not after. Please advise any and all backups you have made from the unit previously.

Ask a Question