Loss of favourites

Hi
After a map update, I lose all my favourites. Is there a way to restore them or do I have to do a full restore and would that not overwrite the new map?

Thanks

Try copying the mapsettings.cfg file from the specific map folder in a backup to the updated specific map folder on the unit. Use Explorer to do so.

Now, open Home and use the Emulator (Operate my unit) to Manage Favourites. Delete just one favourite.

Disconnect the unit PROPERLY from the computer and see if the rest are back.

Tom tom go favourites new map install

Re Favourites new map install . I had to copy old mapsettings.cfg from back up file to get my favorites back on to my Tom Tom device.

But as another member reported there is an issue on reboot where it cycles continually on reboot. Creating a favourite on device via the user feature in 'Home' connect' software, then rebooting tom tom device did solve the cycling reboot issue. I did save a copy of .cfg file from device before I over writ with the back up version just in case things went pear shaped.

Alls well now .....

Ask a Question