loss of bluetooth data comm AGAIN!

Has anyone else run into this? I have owned my 720 for a little over a month. Today the data connection stopped working entirely. After rebuilding the connection 3 times, and the unit said it could not connect, although it was connected to the phone by bluetooth just fine (i.e. no communication appeared to be attempted), I finally resorted to manually restoring the 720, because the restore app in Home said it could not work either, because the Storage Card was missing, which it was not, since Windows Explorer could read it there just fine. So now I'm restoring the internal memory files through Windows Explorer. This is the 4th time I've had to do this. Resetting the 720 does not help either. Oh and the data function on the phone is fine, because I am still able to browse and download email.

I get the impression that the TomTom software is not stable at all.

I have not tried data today, but I hope you did not go through all this because their server was down. This does happen occasionally - you might check with them - call their service desk.

I would delete the pairing in TT (delete the phone from TT) and the TT device from the phone and do the pairing again.
I would also power off and on the phone (remove the phone battery and put it back again) before attempting the pairing. This has helped others to get phones working with the TT.

Last edited:
I would delete the pairing in TT (delete the phone from TT) and the TT device from the phone and do the pairing again.
I would also power off and on the phone (remove the phone battery and put it back again) before attempting the pairing. This has helped others to get phones working with the TT.

As I said, I had already resetup both the phone and the GO several times, with no success. I finally did call Support, and apparently my brand new Traffic subscription had become shut off. After they reset it, it started working again.

Ask a Question