Looking up by street name first?

I have a TomTom one 3rd edition, is there a way to search by street before entering city name? Sometimes I don't know the city or I am not given the city just street address. when this happens I guess the city but if I am wrong the street won't display even if it is in the database. This drives me nuts. Thanks for any help.

I have a TomTom one 3rd edition, is there a way to search by street before entering city name? Sometimes I don't know the city or I am not given the city just street address. when this happens I guess the city but if I am wrong the street won't display even if it is in the database. This drives me nuts. Thanks for any help.

Sorry, no. Often requested but TT so far has not incorporated the request in any firmware update.

Maybe my best bet

Could you search by zip code first? That should bring in the city for you.

I don't get the zip code either but I can get a guide and look it up. Probably my best bet until TomTom puts this feature in some firmware update (hopefully). Thanks for the quick answers.

Just out of curiosity, how would you go about finding your destination using a map, if you only had a street address and no city name?

This thread jogged my memory. My Garmin c550 allows me to enter just the street address and state. If only a single matching city is found, it uses that city. Otherwise it presents a list of matching cities, allowing me to select one.

The only reason I can see to use such a feature is in a case where you know generally where the address is, but you're not sure which town it's actually in, or in the case where the mailing address is different than the physical address. In either case though, you must be familiar enough with the surrounding area to know which matching city is the one you're looking for.

Garmin Mobile on my cell phone does this by default, but I always assumed it was with the intent of making address input more efficient than using multi-tap to spell out the city name.

Ask a Question